Car rental Free Upgrade coupons - what car size is guaranteed?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
if you use a Free Upgrade coupon at the time of your reservation, which car size are you guaranteed?

i.e. if you reserve a Compact car and use an Upgrade coupon, are you guaranteed a Compact or an Intermediate?

do different car rental companies have different rules?

If the coupon says "subject to availability" then you would not be guaranteed the upgrade. I just checked the Entertainment Book Upgrade Coupon and it says on the back "subject to availability at the time of rental pickup". So if you book a compact, you would only be guaranteed a compact if no intermediates are available.

Debbie is pretty much right. For every one of the coupons I have ever seen it is subject to availbility.

I recommend you book the smallest you can live with and then try for an upgrade.

The size that you requested and are paying for. Not the one that you request with a coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter