• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Seats question - Mears vs Happy Limo

smashndash

Earning My Ears
We have a trip with 4 adults and two toddlers.

In the past, we’ve used Happy Limo and I believe they allow for 2 car seats.

Would Mears be a better option? I don’t believe they require car seats and have option to go directly to resort.

Any thoughts on pros/cons or is there a better option for 6 people (4 adults and 2 car seats)?

If you're talking about Mears Connect, you're not guaranteed a vehicle type and while I'm fine riding on a charter bus without a car seat, I'm less comfortable in a shuttle van type vehicle without one.

And are we talking 5 point restraints or booster seats?

Would Mears be a better option? I don’t believe they require car seats and have option to go directly to resort.

Any thoughts on pros/cons or is there a better option for 6 people (4 adults and 2 car seats)?
Make sure ages are known for direct option. If I am right car seats will be needed on shuttles like Happy Limo. Could be wrong but talk to person directly before booking

Mears have seat belts you could secure your car seat with, just make sure you have a clip you use to join the belt together. No you are not required to use car seats, but you are going down a busy highway so when else would you do this with your kids not safely buckled into their car seats?

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks the question isn't clear.

When arranging transportation from the Orlando airport to a hotel, a person needs to decide if they want to be on a shuttle bus with other families, or if they want to be picked up in a vehicle which will be for their family alone.

If a shuttle bus, I don't think you don't need a car seat.

If in a vehicle which will be for their family alone, I think Florida law requires kids ages 5 and under to be in a car seat. OP said that the family has 2 toddlers, so I assume they would fall under that law.

The Mears company has shuttle buses (Mears Connect). The Mears company also has cars which will pick up your family alone. The Mears company also has taxis.

Thus when OP asks if "Mears" would be a better option, I'm not sure what they're talking about.

This would be two car seats. Neither is big enough for a booster seat yet.

I still have a kid in a 5 point and we've been booking Happy Limo, once she gets to booster land, we'll probably look into other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter