car service from narita to tokyo disney resort

ahibird

Mouseketeer
We are traveling to Tokyo in March, and I've been researching different options regarding transportation from Narita Airport to the Tokyo Disney Resort. The problem is we arrive at 7:00pm - after final limobus departs for the Maihama area (we're staying at Hilton Tokyo Bay). So, the bus is not an option.

We are a party of 6 adults, and we DON'T want to take the train. I understand that taxis are very expensive in Tokyo (and that our party size may require 2 taxis), so I've been looking into airport transfer/car services.

Does anyone have any recommendations, experiences, preferences, and/or information on this type of transportation? I'm aware of Green Tomato and Klook, but I'm sure there are others out there.

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!

How many suitcases will you have? 6 people with one suitcase each may require 3 taxis. I've had one taxi driver who was willing to transport 3 people and 3 medium/large suitcases. All others have only allowed 1-2.

There's a 20:30 bus to the Shin-Urayasu area, about 10-20 minutes from TDR. You could get off at the Celebration hotel and ask the front desk to call a taxi for you.

If you miss the last Shin-Urayasu bus you can take a bus to TCAT and then take a taxi. It's not close to Disney (but not SUPER far either) but the facility is open late, there are always taxis waiting, and you'll avoid trains. I have no idea what the fare would be but my best guess would be about $50 per taxi.

OP, here. I just wanted to update on what we ended up doing for our trip.

We booked a Narita Airport Transfer Service through Klook. Because we were a group of 6 (and had a bunch of luggage), we booked the larger vehicle option (8 pax) for approx. $200. However, the Tokyo Disney Resort/Maihama area is considered outside of the typical airport transfer area, so we needed to pay an additional 2000 yen directly to our driver. So, the cost came out to approx. $36 per person.

We arranged to have the driver meet us at 8:30pm - allowing us ample time to get our luggage, get through Customs, exchange our JR rail vouchers for passes, and pick up our wifi devices. We met the driver at a pre-arranged meeting spot at the airport terminal, loaded up, and were dropped off directly at the hotel (we stayed at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay). We had a large Toyota mini bus-type of vehicle - plenty of room for all of us and our belongings. The drive took approx 1 hour (in rain and traffic).

This worked great for us, and I would recommend it to anyone arriving too late to take the airport limo bus to Tokyo Disney Resort. :)

OP, here. I just wanted to update on what we ended up doing for our trip.

We booked a Narita Airport Transfer Service through Klook. Because we were a group of 6 (and had a bunch of luggage), we booked the larger vehicle option (8 pax) for approx. $200. However, the Tokyo Disney Resort/Maihama area is considered outside of the typical airport transfer area, so we needed to pay an additional 2000 yen directly to our driver. So, the cost came out to approx. $36 per person.

We arranged to have the driver meet us at 8:30pm - allowing us ample time to get our luggage, get through Customs, exchange our JR rail vouchers for passes, and pick up our wifi devices. We met the driver at a pre-arranged meeting spot at the airport terminal, loaded up, and were dropped off directly at the hotel (we stayed at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay). We had a large Toyota mini bus-type of vehicle - plenty of room for all of us and our belongings. The drive took approx 1 hour (in rain and traffic).

This worked great for us, and I would recommend it to anyone arriving too late to take the airport limo bus to Tokyo Disney Resort. :)

:thanks: For taking the time to come back and provide such a detailed update. So many times we're left hanging.

Glad everything worked out so well for you. We're headed there next week and with a 3:30 arrival time hope to make the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter