Caribbean Beach 1994 pictures???

emily nicole

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any resort photos (especially room pics) from Caribbean Beach, around 1994? I was a kid and it was my first Disney trip. We visited in May. I found our pictures from the park but we didn’t take any inside the room or resort common areas. I’d love to reminisce!

We checked in on opening day in Oct 1988! Stayed in Martinique. They only had 2 sections of the resort completed at the time. Not sure if there was a refurb between '88 and '94. ?? No digital pix back then but I could look through our photo album to see if we took any pix inside the room and take pix of the photos and post them if you like.

We checked in on opening day in Oct 1988! Stayed in Martinique. They only had 2 sections of the resort completed at the time. Not sure if there was a refurb between '88 and '94. ?? No digital pix back then but I could look through our photo album to see if we took any pix inside the room and take pix of the photos and post them if you like.
I would love that if you get time! thanks!!

After reading your reply I dug into my old photo albums. Found the one from 1988 trip. Unfortunately we didn't take any still shots of the inside of our room at CBR, only VHS video. It was a wonderful trip though! Only time in my life that I ever stayed in a hotel room that NO ONE has ever slept in before me! Sorry I couldn't post a pic for you.
BUT>>>> because of your request, I had a late-night walk down "memory lane". Spent about 2 hours looking at not just the 1988 photo album but several others from the late 80's-early 1990's. Several WDW trips. Two w/o kids then the one where we took our first-born at 6 mo of age. (1990). I enjoyed it a lot.

Have a great trip in December!

After reading your reply I dug into my old photo albums. Found the one from 1988 trip. Unfortunately we didn't take any still shots of the inside of our room at CBR, only VHS video. It was a wonderful trip though! Only time in my life that I ever stayed in a hotel room that NO ONE has ever slept in before me! Sorry I couldn't post a pic for you.
BUT>>>> because of your request, I had a late-night walk down "memory lane". Spent about 2 hours looking at not just the 1988 photo album but several others from the late 80's-early 1990's. Several WDW trips. Two w/o kids then the one where we took our first-born at 6 mo of age. (1990). I enjoyed it a lot.

Have a great trip in December!

Thank you! Our December trip will likely be cancelled due to COVID. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I'm hoping for a miracle. lol.

Did the rooms in CBR back then have 4 post style beds??? I seem to remember that they did... although I don't know if the rooms changed between 1988 - 1994...

Thank you! Our December trip will likely be cancelled due to COVID. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I'm hoping for a miracle. lol.

Did the rooms in CBR back then have 4 post style beds??? I seem to remember that they did... although I don't know if the rooms changed between 1988 - 1994...
No they didn't have four poster beds in 1988. We took video and in it, I walk into the room being the first guest ever to stay there and I walk over to the foot of one of the beds and say to the camera "No one has ever slept in this bed" and I pat the mattress. So that part I remember and no posts.

I also stayed at Caribbean Beach during my first trip to Disney World when I was a kid.. though in May of 1993. Unfortunately I don't have any photos either, just home videos. Maybe I'll watch the video tomorrow.

We stayed the first year they opened, I believe it was in Oct., and I’m not sure if anyone remembers but this was considered a value at the time and if I recall it was 55.00 a night
It WAS considered a value resort and your recollection of $55/ sounds accurate. We checked in the 1st day it opened for guests in '88 and I always recall fondly how we came upon that reservation. ...
We had no children yet and had booked a "cabin" (really just a motorhome back then) at Fort Wilderness with another couple. They had to back out because the got preg with their first kid. So I called WDW to cancel our ressie and the CM said, "I have great news! We have a brand new resort opening during the very time you want to come down!" She explained about the theme and location and that mentioned that it's Disney's budget-friendly resort. During our stay we could not have been more thrilled. Oh and we came home with our own "disney souvenir"..... He will turn 32 soon! LOL

My first trip to Disney was I believe summer of 1983 - a friend invited me to visit with her family. We stayed off site but did many days at the parks. At that time just MK and Epcot was new.

The beds at CBR at that time had a headboard with very tall posts and pineapples on the top of the posts. I have old photos but would have to dig them out.
I remember them well as I had a 4 poster bed with pineapples but my posts weren’t as tall as those at CBR. Google WDW pineapple bed and look at the images, I found some from 2012.

Oooh I probably have some pix here from the early 90s as well from a school trip. Loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!