CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love that cruise so much. I saw a couple years ago, Princess had one advertised for about $1000/person for a 14 day round trip. It was at a time I couldn’t go though so I couldn’t take advantage of the price. I saw it advertised in August for an October cruise. I’d love that itinerary, Sea days are my favorite.

You can sometimes score very good deals when you book at the last minute.

I just saw this morning that Princess offers an Alaska cruise (with an excellent itinerary) in May for 400$/pp in an inside room (it must be cold at that time of the year but who cares)...

It's something I wish I could do.

Does anyone have experience with the "new" decoration kits on Carnival? Did you like it? Do you have pictures?

I remember being very satisfied with what I have received on our first Carnival cruise. The kits were soooo affordable in 2016! They upgraded them since and of course the cost is now a bit more closer to what DCL charges.

I just ordered one for my cabin for our upcoming trip. The package I picked has four magnetic danglers, one magnetic hanging banner, one 5" x 7" picture frame, and one 30" x 60" beach towel. And a cake! (We picked the chocolate one because DH and I really liked the one we ordered the last time (also, for 6$ more, it's quite the bargain!)

Any recommendation for who to book with? Our DCL ones have been with Costco. Is that still the best bet? The Panorama sailings aren't loaded yet. Not sure if they'll have the refundable rates.

The Havana Cabanas look great! Too bad my kids are under 12. Thinking about the Family Harbor, but worried about the noise issues reported with some of those cabins. Guess I'd have to look at Vista reviews and hope the cabin numbers are exactly the same.

Last edited:
Any recommendation for who to book with? Our DCL ones have been with Costco. Is that still the best bet? The Panorama sailings aren't loaded yet. Not sure if they'll have the refundable rates.

The Havana Cabanas look great! Too bad my kids are under 12. Thinking about the Family Harbor, but worried about the noise issues reported with some of those cabins. Guess I'd have to look at Vista reviews and hope the cabin numbers are exactly the same.

I would just book directly with Carnival. I like to be in control of my reservation so never use a TA.

It looks like the rooms are pretty similar numbering so you could look at Vista to gauge where you may want to be located.

One Sea day at the beginning and 2 at the end. The two cabins for 4 people is $6000. Kind of expensive for Mexico, but compared to the $8800 we’re spending for 2 insides on the Wonder to Alaska, it seems really cheap.
View attachment 310231

WOW, what a gorgeous room! I didn't even know Carnival had a ship named Panorama. Gotta check that one out.

WOW, what a gorgeous room! I didn't even know Carnival had a ship named Panorama. Gotta check that one out.

Not much to check out yet as they just started building her in January! She is a sister to Vista and Horizon though (closer to Horizon) with a few modifications we have heard (no IMAX). I am so pumped to try a Havana room.

deck five with glass flower lights that remind me of Alice in Wonderland. I have better photos of them. This area is part of a huge seating area that lines the windows on deck 5 . It was never full, very spacious, relaxing. At night they used part of the area for photos. 20180312_172902.jpg 20180312_204127.jpg 20180312_171529.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter