Carol - clkelly - questions????

des1954

DIS Veteran
I've been studying the pictures of your FoJ set up. I can't tell you how impressed I am by it. You obviously used 4 10x10 e-z up canopies, right?

If it rains, how do you keep the water from coming in where the canopies butt up to each other?? Can you use both screens and privacy curtains or is it one or the other?

Man, I am impressed!! And to think you did all that after a long drive & in the wee hours of the morning.:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I've been studying the pictures of your FoJ set up. I can't tell you how impressed I am by it. You obviously used 4 10x10 e-z up canopies, right?

If it rains, how do you keep the water from coming in where the canopies butt up to each other?? Can you use both screens and privacy curtains or is it one or the other?

Man, I am impressed!! And to think you did all that after a long drive & in the wee hours of the morning.:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Good question now I want to know. So whats the answer :confused3

I was wondering the same thing. I guess you could rig up some PVC cut in half like a gutter system.
Loretta

4 10x10 First Up Canopies
2 sets screen walls
1 set solid walls (to be cut up)
5 web straps with the buckle
4 10 foot tent zippers

I cut 10" wide, 10 foot long pieces out of the solid walls and sewed one side of the zipper to that piece of material. I then sewed the material to the awning cover hangover at an angle, then the other side of the zipper to the matching side. (Repeat 3 times) They are angled from the center out to the side, so theoretically, if it rains, the water will drain on those material pockets out to the sides.

I also saturated everything with water repellant stuff.

Also to give the screen walls a little more wiggle room, (they were very tight), I took the entrance zippers from the solid walls and just cut about a foot of material on either side and sewed them together, so now I have extended the screen walls just a bit, so it all fits better.

Right now, it's either/or, solid or screen walls. I haven't bought the two sets of solid walls yet. I'm thinking about instead of either or, taking the solid wall sets and cutting them up and sewing them to the screens to roll up.

Where there is a pole next to each other, I wrap one of those buckle straps around it, to make sure everything stays square and perpindicular.

Genius, Carol!!! Pure GENIUS!!!

I hope all goes well with you on Wednesday!:thumbsup2 Have your DH or one of your kids post & let us know how you did, please!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter