Carousel Inn

rangebob

The tag fairy messages were stolen.
Have you stayed here before and what do you think of the hotel? I've booked this hotel for a trip Nov 16-20. How close is it to Disney and is it walking distance and about how long will it take to get to the parks.

Thanks for your help.

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html

The Carousel is right near the crosswalk over to the parks. The walk to the front gates would be 5-7 minutes. I have not stayed here but other Disney folks I know do stay there and like it. In July a large amount of us from another message board are going. Some are staying at HOJo but there are quite a few staying at Carousel because they like it.

I stayed at the Carousel Inn once. I typically stay at one of the Disney Hotels or a 3-4 star hotel such as the Hyatt or Mariott, so I am a little spoiled. It doesn't have interior corridors, and the decor is nothing special, but I thought the Carousel Inn was just fine. It was clean and comfortable. The location is excellent. We could see parts of DCA from our room.

My parents stayed there in November and they liked it. The only thing that didnt like was the maid would the curtains open and then anyone walking by could see their belongings.

The Carousel is my first choice when planning a trip to DL. Its not fancy, but has always been clean and the staff courteous. The rooms don't have curtains, they actually have shutters and our maids have always left them slightly downturned, so no one could see in. Its a very short walk to the parks, about 5 min. They do offer a continental breakfast, while not much, it is a little better than some of the area hotels. You get toast, danish, muffins, oatmeal, fruit, juice and coffee. But the view from the breakfast room can't be beat, its on the 5th floor overlooking the parks. Great way to start your day.

We have also chosen The Carousel after reading positive reports and will be there in about 3 weeks :banana: We will post details of our experience once we are back, so if you have any specific questions then do let us know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter