Cash Question AGAIN

Marshmelo

DIS Veteran
I know this has been asked before, but I just want to make sure I am prepared. As I understand it, the only thing I need cash for is purchases at Nassau? Could I use a credit card? Can EVERYTHING on the ship be charged to the KTTW card? Thanks!

Yes EVERYTHING on the ship can be charged to your KTTW card, but you will want a small supply of singles to use as tips for the room service folks (although I believe now you can even add a tip for that too, even if you're just getting food that is free, they bring a charge slip).

You also would need cash for tips for any EXCURSIONS you do (many times they expect tips) and for postcards and stamps on Castaway Cay, if you want to visit the post office there. If you plan to do laundry on the ship bring quarters.

Other than that, it's all charged to your KTTW card. :)

Definitely take cash into Nassau if you want to shop. They will tell you not to take very much. They also tell you that you can use travelers checks and credit cards. It seemed everywhere we wanted to get something they would only take cash. We even stopped in at the tourist info booth in the building you walk through to shopping. They would not even cash a travelers check for us. We ended up going back onto the ship for more cash. Luckily, the ship is right there. It took us about 15 min. to go back, cash a travelers check at guest services and go back. It was extremely hot and we almost didn't go back.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter