• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cash reservations

goofy58

Earning My Ears
::MickeyMo We're going to WDW in July of 06.(16th-22nd) I'm thinking of paying cash for a 2br to end our stay on Friday night. Does anyone know what kind of availability one would have for getting a cash reservation at that time of year?? :dancer:

Assume you mean with the 25% member cash discount - you can always book a cash night by calling CRO (assuming availability)

No way to predict if the member discount will be availble for your dates. Friday and Saturday nights are easier to get than the others. Just call MS and see what they say - you don't need to make a deposit, just a credit card to hold the reservation. If there is availability for a cash reservation through MS (even if it is for rack), you can book now. If the discount becomes available, MS will apply it to your reservation. Ask what the cancellation rules are - I think it is 5 days, but am not sure. It might be even less.

Best wishes -

Is there any way to find out what the rack rate for DVC accommodations are (other than calling MS). Disney.com..? Or any other suggestions..?

I can give you all except BWV (all prices are rack rate, tax is additional):

OKW - $500
BCV - $575
SSR - $500
VWL - $570

Sammy said:
Is there any way to find out what the rack rate for DVC accommodations are (other than calling MS). Disney.com..? Or any other suggestions..?

You can always check to see whether rooms are available at rack rate by going to disneyworld.com.

I just checked for you, and there are 2BRs available for one night, July 21, 2006, at each of the DVC resorts except BWV.

Rack rates for that night are: OKW: $500 ($557.50 with tax), SSR: $500 ($557.50 with tax), WL: $570 ($635.55 with tax), BCV: $575 ($641.13 with tax), BWV: $575 ($641.13 with tax).

AAA discounts, when you can get them, are pretty heavy for 2BR DVC resorts -- 15 percent for that time of year. For example, the AAA rate for a 2BR at BCV on that night (which is available) is $544 (versus 641 rack).

HTH

lark said:
You can always check to see whether rooms are available at rack rate by going to disneyworld.com.

I just checked for you, and there are 2BRs available for one night, July 21, 2006, at each of the DVC resorts except BWV.

Rack rates for that night are: OKW: $500 ($557.50 with tax), SSR: $500 ($557.50 with tax), WL: $570 ($635.55 with tax), BCV: $575 ($641.13 with tax), BWV: $575 ($641.13 with tax).

AAA discounts, when you can get them, are pretty heavy for 2BR DVC resorts -- 15 percent for that time of year. For example, the AAA rate for a 2BR at BCV on that night (which is available) is $544 (versus 641 rack).

HTH

Thanks! I just went to Disney.com and priced 2-BR's for March 3 & 4 '06. OKW and SSR were $720 (w/o tax) and BCV was $945....(OUCH!) For our Feb/Mar trip, we are squeaking by with our current points, so we were looking to probably pay cash for the weekend nights.

Thanks again for the info!
Sammy

Sammy said:
Thanks! I just went to Disney.com and priced 2-BR's for March 3 & 4 '06. OKW and SSR were $720 (w/o tax) and BCV was $945. For our Feb/Mar trip, we are squeaking by with our current points, so are looking to probably pay cash for the weekend nights.

Thanks again for the info!
Sammy

OKW: $720

Yeah, the cash price on the 2BRs really really escalates when you get into regular and peak season. Go figure why July is value and March is peak?

CarolMN said:
Assume you mean with the 25% member cash discount - you can always book a cash night by calling CRO (assuming availability)

No way to predict if the member discount will be availble for your dates. Friday and Saturday nights are easier to get than the others. Just call MS and see what they say - you don't need to make a deposit, just a credit card to hold the reservation. If there is availability for a cash reservation through MS (even if it is for rack), you can book now. If the discount becomes available, MS will apply it to your reservation. Ask what the cancellation rules are - I think it is 5 days, but am not sure. It might be even less.

Best wishes -

Yes, I did mean with the discount. Thanks for the info. Carol you've been a great help. Thanks to everyone else too!!! ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter