~*~Cassie LIVE~*~ Day 11 ~ CRT, MK & San Angel

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
Hi everyone and welcome to Day 11 ~ Tuesday August 26th

Today was Magic Kingdom Day and what a better way to start it off then with breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Bus transportation to MK from the Beach Club was very good, we waited about 5minutes and an empty bus came and took us straight to the MK with no other stops. We arrived and for the first time we got to see the little opening song and dance routine and arrival of the train of characters. :)

Yesterday I developed the blister from hell and when I put on my sandals this morning I was in absolute agony with every step. By the time I got to Magic Kingdom I was miserable and walking like an old woman of 112 years old and this is with bandages on :eek:

My first stop was a shop on Main Street that sold shoes! I bought a pair of plain slip on sandals and it was the best 20.00 I ever spent :)

Now that I had taken care of that pressing need we arrived at the castle about 15 minutes early for our PS at 9:30am. They called our name after we had sat for a few minutes watching little kids greet the Fairy Godmother in the throne room.

Breakfast was piping hot and served on a huge plate.. scrambled eggs, 2 sausages, bacon, potatoes and some kind of danish thingy with blueberry topping which was NOTHING like the cream cheese french toast I had last year. Everything was good except the fried danish thingy. Noel had french toast sticks, bacon & scrambled eggs. On the table there was a basket of muffins and sweetrolls and a large fruit cup with a yoghurt dipping sauce.

The Princesses took a long time to get to us which was good as we had time to eat our whole breakfast and I had a good 2 cups of coffee before Princess Aurora arrived. All the Princesses were fun and personable ~ we liked Belle the best. Oh, I should tell you there was Belle, Sleeping Beauty (Aurora), Cinderella, Mary Poppins & Snow White.

We were out of the restaurant by 10:15am on to fantasy land for a quick Dumbo, Cinderella's Carousel, Snow Whites Scary Adventure, the Winnie the Pooh Ride and the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups... a quick stop for a drink and we hit tomorrow land with Alien Encounter, Space Ranger Spin, Tomorrowland Transit Authority and believe it or not at 1:30PM Space Mountain only had a 10 minute wait.

If you have been following our reports then you know we love our Pal Mickey but today he was hilarious.... when approaching Space Mountain he asked us to pin his ears back so he would not lose them on the ride... but ON space mountain... while riding it... he started screaming LOL... Noel was killing herself laughing - this is the first time he has ever said anything during a ride. :p

Our only plan today was to do these 2 lands and save Frontier and Adventure Lands for another day... I had a PS at The Plaza Restaurant for 2:00pm so it was absolutely perfect timing. The crowds at MK were very managable today we even had time for some gift shopping which we had sent to our hotel - a definate benefit to staying onsite.

The Plaza was smaller than I expected but very bright and charming, the waitresses all had long skirts and aprons. Noel had 2 mini hotdogs and fries and I had the Strawberry & Chicken salad which was loaded with gorgonzola cheese, onions, chicken, strawberries & a wine dressing - it was absolutely delicious. For dessert we both had the "Unicycle" which is one scoop of ice cream with a topping, whipped cream and a cherry.

It was now 2:45pm and the parade was starting at 3:00pm - Do we stay for the Parade? Nope, we leave and catch the bus for the Beach Club - we are just not parade people. The bus stops at the Swan,then the Dolphin, then the Yacht Club, then finally the Beach Club... could be worse - we could be staying at the Boardwalk.. as that's where it was heading next.

Back to the room to change real quick and into stormalong bay... ahhhhh... they were not issuing wristbands this afternoon for some reason and half the people in the pool including us were not wearing any - the line up at Beaches and Cream was insane - I am glad we were not hungry. We met a nice "Lurker" DIS'er from Boston in the lazy river who is staying at Beach Club Villas ~ Noel loves this lady and they chatted for about 4 circuits of the river :)

We swam until 5:30pm and then changed for dinner, we were meeting our friends SuAnne and Hayley at the San Angel Inn for dinner in Mexico at 7:00pm. We arrived to a bustling Mexico and were given the flashing coaster - we just made this reservation today with concierge and were very happy to get one for the primetime of 7pm.

Dinner was nice - but the birthday thing happened again for Noel - all these mexican fellows came out and sang to her in spanish with a cake and candle. :rolleyes:

For dinner I had the Aztec Soup and the Cozumel Combination (I think that is the name?) It was steak and grilled shrimp, very good. My friend SuAnne had the Grilled Shrimp on Angel hair pasta, Noel had the Chicken Fingers but she was thoroughly revolted to see it came with black beans and rice and Hayley (who is 10) had the cheeseburger. SuAnne and I both had Margaritas, hers frozen, mine on the rocks and the kids had ice cream for dessert. If you havn't eaten at the San Angel Inn, it is located inside the temple and is very dark with a Pyramid and starry night backdrop, a really nice place to eat.

The River of time ride runs through the restaurant so while SuAnne and I were chatting and having coffee after dinner, our girls rode it 3 times in a row. We both agreed that after spending days alone with our girls it was nice to have adult company and the kids loved seeing each other and hanging out.

We left the restaurant at 9:05pm and illuminations was exploding as we walked down the temple steps.. perfect timing. We walked along towards Canada and enjoyed the fireworks as we moved.. we stopped for the finale - it was an absolutely perfect evening tonight, not a cloud in the sky.. the weather has been much better these past couple of days and I can't help but think back to our illuminations cruise in the pouring rain.

SuAnne and Hayley are staying at All Star Movies in the dalmations building and report that the room is nice and housekeeping is excellent, theming and pools are fun and bus transportation is not bad either. Their only negative comment (and it could be positive for some) is that after the busy/frenzied atmosphere in the parks - when you return to the All Stars - it is still busy/frenzied with people everywhere and lots of activity. SuAnne says that that when she has stayed at the moderates or deluxes it is much more relaxing and slower paced.

Anyway, back to tonight, after leaving EPCOT we walked over to the Boardwalk Hotel and had a look at Luna Park Pool... the clown is not so scary in person and the theming is whimsical with the elephant spraying water. We continued to walk right around the lagoon to the Yacht Club and then Hayley and SuAnne came up to our room for a drink. At Hard Rock I had a cabana pretty well everyday which came with 6 or 12 sodas & 2 or 4 bottled waters... we had cans of soda coming out of our ears and I brought good 12 cans and 10 bottles of water with us here to the beach club, we have been trying to use them up but keep forgetting so they came in handy tonight.

Tomorrow morning we are meeting up with SuAnne and Hayley at Animal Kingdom and have PS's for Chef Mickeys for dinner... until then, Goodnight from the Beach Club.

Sounds like another fun packed day! I know blisters can wreck a vacation quick while at WDW. I'm glad you found some comfy sandals at MK. Teva sadals are excellent for marathon walking in the summer.

Looking forward to the rest of your trip reports! Keep having fun!

Thanks, Cass, for the time you are taking to document your trip. It's alot of fun to hear how things are going! Pal Mickey sounds like a riot. I never really felt the need to get him, but after your review, I might need him! :D

Cassie,
My DS started Kindergarten Monday and I started grad school yesterday. I really look forward to these reports. It takes me away for a few minutes every day! Did you know that AP rates are coming out on Thurs? Everyone on the Dis is breahting easy! I will be up early and hitting that redial! "See" you tomorrow!!! By the way, I wanted to go back to CRT on our Feb trip, but now leaning towards CP. That blueberry Danish doesn't sound too good!

Cassie ~

Thanx fo another brillant report ~ I am having so much fun reading them.

Where in MK did you buy your shoes ~ I have been racking my brains but I don't remember seeing shoes in MK.

Can't wait to here how you got on at AK and CM.

We are gonna miss you when u go back home!! I just love your reports. I look so forward to reading all your adventures. When is your next trip?? Thanks for all the great posts.

Cassie - I haven't posted till now, but I've been reading your trip reports since the beginning over on the Universal forum, and as someone who is doing a HRH/Disney split stay in a few weeks, I really enjoy your reports. I appreciate the time you take to write them every day... It really seems like you're having a great time and it shows through in your writing. :)

Another great detailed report Cassie...... Noel didn't find any tackey souvoniers (SP?) today????

Cassie, we have all enjoyed your fun and detailed reports. I am more anxious than ever to go on our vacation. Since we are also splitting between US and WDW, it was fun to read your reports from the beginning, even if we are staying at the RP and you stayed at the HRH. It is really making it that much more real and exciting to me, we are now at about 50 days and counting!! ; ) Kelly from the Frozen North

Another great report!!! I have also decided to get a Pal Mickey for Sydney when we get to WDW. It sounds so great!!! Keep the reports coming!!!

Can I vacation with you next year?

I find myself staying up at night until you post your reports. :D

Can't wait to read tonight's report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter