Cast member said more free dining in April?

KMP12

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the right place to post but we having a trip booked in July. A cast member told me his gut says more free dining will be released for some more August dates along with November and December. Crossing my fingers he is right! We would prefer to go end of August or November.

Maybe but I wouldn’t put faith in it until there is an official announcement. CMs are like employees anywhere, they don’t know anything until management is ready to make the announcement.

This is realistic as last year free dining dropped at least 3x but each release had limited, targeted dates. I would guess a March/April release for July through September arrival dates. Any mid to late September dates being very limited. Then another drop later in the year for some Nov and Dec arrival dates. Similar to last year.

I hope/think it will go back to the promos of 2018 and before: Free Dining booking starts in April for Sept-Dec. Should be around the 24th/25th. However a couple promos end tomorrow so who knows what could drop Thursday. WDW likes to keep us on our toes!

And don’t don’t you know about the rule of 3? We’ve discovered you need to ask at least three different Disney cast members the same questions. You hope to get the same answer from all three, but more often than not you don’t. 🤣

This is realistic as last year free dining dropped at least 3x but each release had limited, targeted dates. I would guess a March/April release for July through September arrival dates. Any mid to late September dates being very limited. Then another drop later in the year for some Nov and Dec arrival dates. Similar to last year.
Free dining dropped twice last year, in January and July. There was no April release like there usually is.

So far, fd seems to be following the same pattern as last year, with a drop at the beginning of January this year. Anything is possible, but I’d be suprised with an April release, unless the fear of Coronavirus has many cancelling their upcoming vacations. Then I think they may offer it to entice people back. Who knows.

It might become true or not. A normal cast member is not going to have inside info thou.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!