Cast Members: College exams and work schedules?

Drusilla

Mouseketeer
My daughter is a Freshman at UCF. Today she accepted a job as a Cast Member for attractions in MK.

Being Mom, I am concerned about how schedules are handled for exams. She told them she could work Thursdays when she applied months ago (November), since she didn't have any classes on Thursdays Spring semester. When she got the syllabus in January for one of her online classes, she found out it has in-person required exams on 4 Thursday afternoons throughout the semester.

Is Disney good about helping college students schedule work around exams like this or not?

Thanks!

My daughter is a Freshman at UCF. Today she accepted a job as a Cast Member for attractions in MK.

Being Mom, I am concerned about how schedules are handled for exams. She told them she could work Thursdays when she applied months ago (November), since she didn't have any classes on Thursdays Spring semester. When she got the syllabus in January for one of her online classes, she found out it has in-person required exams on 4 Thursday afternoons throughout the semester.

Is Disney good about helping college students schedule work around exams like this or not?

Thanks!

Hi Drusilla!

Did she accept a part-time position, a full-time position, seasonal position, or a position with the Disney College Program?

She accepted a part time position.

Okay, great! Part-time is a lot easier to work with than the College Program branch when it comes to asking for time off.

She should have a scheduling manager at her location once she starts training who will be able to assist her with one-time requests like this. On the odd occasion where she will be scheduled to work on an exam day Thursday, she will have the opportunity to a) trade the shift with a coworker or b) give the shift away to a coworker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter