Cast Members / Friends & Family Discount Rates 2018 - When?

sagosto

Mouseketeer
We are booking a 7 night stay April 25th - May 2nd of 2018 but WDW customer service said that they have not release the Cast Member (e.g. Friends & Family Discount) yet. She mentioned it should happen in the fall which would after the 180 day window. She also said they are not supposed to release this information so my cast member friend would have to call-in randomly to check. That doesn't sound right.

I am hoping to book the room and then then a discount dining plan if I get lucky. It is a burden on the cast member if they have to constantly "check" if the discount is available.

Last edited:
We are booking a 7 night stay April 25th - June 2nd of 2018 but WDW customer service said that they have not release the Cast Member (e.g. Friends & Family Discount) yet. She mentioned it should happen in the fall which would after the 180 day window. She also said they are not supposed to release this information so my cast member friend would have to call-in randomly to check. That doesn't sound right.

I am hoping to book the room and then then a discount dining plan if I get lucky. It is a burden on the cast member if they have to constantly "check" if the discount is available.

I think you mean May 2nd :D

Your friend will have to call and check periodically. It changes constantly. My DD called for our dates a few days ago and there wasn't anything great. She called again today and got us a garden view room at the Poly club level for 50% off.

This is more about filling rooms than it is giving CM's a special perk, so timing is going to be in Disney's favor. It's how it works.

Also you can't book the room with your friends discount. That has to be done by the cast member.

Your friend will have to call and check periodically. It changes constantly. My DD called for our dates a few days ago and there wasn't anything great. She called again today and got us a garden view room at the Poly club level for 50% off.

I thought 50% was only if the member stayed with you? BTW, lucky!

I was able to make a change to another resort AFTER I had a preexisting reservation. That was nice because I didn't have to bother the cast member. I wonder if you just need a reservation and then the non-cast member can make changes as if it was the cast member.

The cast member has to make the reservation. Once the reservation is made and the deposit is put down you can then make any changes you want to the reservation without involving the cast member. The cast rates for 2018 have not been released yet. I have been patiently waiting and hoping they are released soon. Friends and Family usually get 40% off, but can get as low as 25% off at times. When the cast member is also staying at the same resort or in the same room the discount can be 50%

The cast member has to make the reservation. Once the reservation is made and the deposit is put down you can then make any changes you want to the reservation without involving the cast member. The cast rates for 2018 have not been released yet. I have been patiently waiting and hoping they are released soon. Friends and Family usually get 40% off, but can get as low as 25% off at times. When the cast member is also staying at the same resort or in the same room the discount can be 50%

WDW Cast Member said they cannot tell me if or when the rates will be released? I need to bother my cast member to call in to confirm? After the reservation is made, can I add the dining (hopefully discount) without involving the cast member?

Unless you are the cast member they will not tell you if the reservations are available to be made. I am a retired cast member and no longer have HUB access, so I have to call everyday to see if the 2018 rates have been released yet. The CM booking for you can either call or check the HUB for availability. Once the reservation is made you can always call and add dining. It is very rarely discounted though. I have only seen it discounted during the Holiday Discount cast member time the past couple years. You can add it at full price.

Just got off the phone with reservations, and the 2018 rates are up! Booked Beach Club for my husband and me. You can now have your cast member make your reservation.

Just got off the phone with reservations, and the 2018 rates are up! Booked Beach Club for my husband and me. You can now have your cast member make your reservation.
thanks for the update! I too have been hesitant to continually bother my CM connection!

do You think there would be any chance of getting ressies with this discount for beginning of december with the 50th coming up?

do You think there would be any chance of getting ressies with this discount for beginning of december with the 50th coming up?

Unlikely. If a discount is offered to CMs, it's probably going to be smaller than normal because of the expected traffic for the 50th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter