Castaway Cay 5k costumes?

lilmc

DIS Veteran
Hm....not sure if this is a cruise thread or runDisney thread question....we are going on the Very Merrytime Cruise on the Wonder next week so I have a Castaway Cay 5k question. Does anyone dress up in any sort of costume? I know it’s going to be hot and humid and was going to go minimal regardless, but as I was pulling out my Minnie Mouse run skirt out of my runDisney costume storage box, I ran across a Christmas themed run costume from a Jingle Jungle 5k at Animal Kingdom a few years back....so now I’m contemplating :rolleyes:

The girls and I ran the CC5K as Mousketeers back in April. We were the only ones in "costumes", but our pictures were real cute so it was a win-win.

I've done three cruises and have run the 5K on all of them.....
While costumes aren't as popular as at the parks I've seen a fair amount of runners in running skirts/tutus as well as a family when we were on the Wonder in 2017 in full on Peter Pan themed running costumes and I re-wore my Wine and Dine 2017 Rapunzel outfit on the Dream last October (took some cute pictures with Minnie post race and got lots of complements from cast members)

Not really anyone in costume, although there’s a few matching shirts. We did the Christmas Dream Cruise a couple years back, and I made us family running shirts since we actually ran on Christmas Eve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!