Castaway Cay Cabana massage - worth it?

nedleycan

Vacation planning is my life!
Is the Castaway Cay cabana massage worth it? It seems very expensive, and once you calculate the Canadian exchange rate, we are paying more than twice what we would pay at home for a massage. Is it worth it?

here is the inside of the cabana (for couples)

47b2cf05b3127cce926053287bfe0000000410

It was more expensive than what I usually pay, but the atmosphere can't be beat

Many times, this is what happens. We can pay twice what others pay. Do you think maybe we enjoy it twice as much knowing we had to work so hard to save for it. I know that my flights will cost close to what the cruise will cost us to go.

We used to get cabana massages on almost every cruise...I love the open-air atmosphere, and I love a massage anyway...the island is a bonus! But then I had an experience when we were on the same cruise as a large group from a financial planning company. Several of them were sitting in an area not too far in front of the cabanas, and from their voices it sounds like they had started drinking pretty early. Instead of the sound of the waves, I listened to their loud conversation, including some not-so-nice and very personal things about their clients. That's not a very usual occurence, but ever since then we've stuck to massages on the ship in order to have more island time.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We would also not do the cabana massage again. Not fond of the "exposure" or the "divide & conquer" hard sell attempt of products at the end. Next time, we'll stick with the massages on-board.

We loved it, although we probably won't do it again. The total for my DH and I, including tip, was right around $300. Alot of cash for 55 minutes!

Give it a try once! You really can't beat the atmosphere!

my 18 year old daughter had a cabana massage in july.....
she LOVED it...
and it's by far not her first massage...we go to spa-resorts quite often so she's had massages before....
she really liked this one and said the masseuse was quite good (a cute, sweet little south african girl)...
my daughter had had very bad back pain up until the massage.....it went away for about a month afterwards...
my daughter said the atmosphere was great....she loved being almost outdoors...with the ocean breeze and sound of the waves...
it's true that it was expensive....but then again, the cruise was expensive and it made the cruise for her...

as for taking time from CC....we weren't that big on CC...
we don't lie in the sun (ever), we don't like crowded beaches (we have year round access to a private meditarranean beach....though we don't use it either......so a crowded beach like the one on CC doesn't really do much for me...).....there are no waves at CC....the only reason i'd ever bother getting slimy salt on me....etc etc.....the one thing we very much enjoyed was the bike ride...so taking an hour and a half for a massage certainly only added to the experience of CC for her...

I did the open air massage in January. There was some confusion as to what I had booked--I booked the limited massage (can't remember the name) and got the full massage (and bill for it). I didn't think it was worth it for me. The cabana is beautiful, but I enjoyed just spending the day at Castaway Cay better.

I think I have decided not to do it for two reasons:
That $300 would equal $500 Cdn. We could go away to a resort for a weekend for that price.
Second, I want to rent the bikes, swim with the kids, build sandcastles, walk for a while and enjoy some lobster tails. I don't think I want to commit 1 hour (of scheduled time) to a massage.
But thanks for your comments... I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter