Castle question

CindyZMomof3

Mouseketeer
Planning on going to Disney in August. My 8 year old son would really like to eat in the Castle. I have a reservation for breakfast at CRT. However, it's just me and my son, and he isn't really into the princesses. We just want to be in the castle to eat. Should we be doing a different meal there? Which would that be and is it hard to get a PS?

Thank you,
Cindy Z in CT

Hi! :wave2:

If you were fortunate enough to get a PS at Cinderella's I would definitely keep it. It's the hardest to get and one of the best character meals in WDW.

Neither lunch nor dinner have characters (usually), so I would stick with that for breakfast and try another restayrant for lunch or dinner. Who are his favorite characters?

I have a son and we opted for the breakfast too. It has the characters and the lunch/dinner doesn't. I thought it would be a great way to start the day!

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Our family (me, DH, 2 ds') are eating breakfast in the castle as well on our trip. I had decided if I didn't get CRT, we would eat lunch there, but the lunch menu didn't have much that appealed to me.

If you got the breakfast, I'd stick with it! But, if you decide you don't want to, lunch and dinner aren't as hard to get a PS for. I'd call to change it as soon as I decided, but you should be ok to get one. You can check out the menus on allearsnet.com if you haven't already.

Steph

I have eaten there several times. My DBF, boys 12 & 13 eat dinner there. It is very nice, food is very good.. and we have on occasion seen cindy making rounds.

Just the girls in our group do the breakfast at CRT. As a whole group we always eat dinner there. The dinner food is much better then the preplated breakfast. The breakfast is all about seeing the princesses and the food is just okay. At dinner it's totally different in the place b/c it's alot slower. Breakfast sometimes feels almost rushed b/c they are trying to get so many people in and out. Dinner is much more relaxed and enjoyable. Just depends on what you want. And everytime we have gone we have seen the Fairy Godmother OR Cinderella in the lobby.

We enjoy lunch there. As daisy said, we find both the food and atmosphere better than breakfast. Sometimes you can even catch a glimpse of Peter Pan and Captain Hook dueling outside the windows (this happens when they're on their way to/from the show in front of the castle).

Ok, I'll be the voice of reason for the male gender here. I would ask your DS if he really wants to have breakfast with the princesses or if he just wants to eat in the castle. If it were me with my mom and I was 8, there is NO WAY I would want to eat breakfast with 5 princesses and a whole lot of little girls wearing princess outfits. I don't mean to stereotype the princess breakfast thing (DW and I have done numerous character meals together and I've loved them all), but it may not be his thing.
We've eaten both lunch and dinner in the castle and have found both meals to be very good (fairly upscale cuisine compared to the rest of the MK food).
But please, for your DS's sake, ask him first. You may warp him for life. :D

We saw Aladin there last week, little boys would like that. This also doubles as a treat for older daughters too. I gotta say, I don't understand the little girls dressed in costume. I guess they enjoy it, but look so uncomfortable to me especially in the summer. We did see Hook & Peter dueling as they ran by outside, very cute. It didn't seem too girly to me. There are so many people of all ages, boys & girls. I would leave it up to an 8 year old boy tho.

I took my DH and 2 DSs who are 13 and 10 yrs old at the time. They enjoyed it, and didn't mind posing for pictures with all the princess. They were good sports about it. :) The restaurant itself is NOT a "girly/princess" theme. It's rather more on the medieval side. I have pictures of our meals there on my web site, here's a link: http://terry527.home.comcast.net/html/restrnts.htm

Personally, I do the breakfast at least once since it's so hard to get a reservation, but you can always enjoy lunch or dinner at the castle too. :) Enjoy!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter