Category 6 - Fore, Aft, or Amidship?

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
We received our cabin assignment from allseastravel.com in the mail today.

Cabin 6610 seems a little too far aft for me (although I don't know why I feel this way, other than I like to fly First Class which is in the front of the plane!) I was thinking one of the cabins on the starboard side, non-connecting, and between the fore and midship elevators would be nice.

So if you could choose your stateroom location on Deck 6, would you choose fore, aft, or amidship? What about port or starboard?
Has anyone stayed in 6610 on the Magic?

Thanks for all opinions!

We are staying in 6608 on the Nov. 29 Eastern. That will be our third sailing. The middle elevators are more crowded than the end ones. 6610 is just an elevator away from the buffet......Good luck!!!

We'll be in 6124 - right at the aft elevator for our 11/8 MAGICal Western cruise
which is aft on the port side

We've been forward, mid-ship, and aft and I really prefer aft.

Closer to Topsiders, Animator's and Parrot Cay. Also a quick trip down the stairs for DH to go to the Internet Cafe.

Bottom line - any location on a Disney Ship is a good one! :)

I've stayed in 6616 and I LOVED the location SO MUCH that we're staying in the same cabin for our cruise next October. It's just so convient to the restaurants, kids clubs, Mickey Pool, etc. We really don't take advantage too much of the adult only areas, which are forward, too much, so this location is perfect for us. There rarely was a wait for an elevator aft, but the few times I took the mid-ship elevators, I was waiting A LOT!!!

We were assigned to 6120 (so I was thinking aft) and were upgraded to 7020 (forward then). After walking the length of the ship several times, I encourage one end or the other for the exercise - on the other hand I did see why people like midship....the hall seems REAL REAL long when I was going back to the lab to get one twin who wouldn't leave at an hour that I thought was reasonable! Ah, seems like such a tough problem!

Bottom line - IMHO you spend lots of time at each of the ends of the ship (theater, dinner etc) There isn't one end that is "better" than another. I wouldn't favor one part over the other.

OK - real adicts will admit that any end is a great end!
Barb

What is the difference between the port and starboard side? We will be on the Wonder/ Room 6076.
Thanks (this will be our first cruise)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter