CBR or one of the All Stars?

LeahA

DIS Veteran
2 adults, 2 boys-ages 2 and 5, which resort would be better, CBR or one of the AS?

Thanks,

Leah

As you can see from my name, I would vote for an All Star. You get basically the same size room (only a tiny bit smaller than moderate), cool theming that the kids love and a price that can't be beat. We have stayed at Sports 4 times and love it. My boys love the sports theme and the pools. If they are into Toy Story or 101 Dalmations or one of the other themes at Movies, that would be a great choice. If you book everything separately and use codes, you probably can't get Movies. Check for the best deal you can find and have a great time!!!

Very funny, my wife and I had the same discussion yesterday about our trip in August!! We will have a niece and her DD 3 and our family of adults and DD 12 & DS 10. We have stayed at both resorts and we are going back to All Stars again. The 2 biggest reasons are price and the food court. The food court at CBR is too spread out and hs seperate cash registers for each style of food. With the all stars fc you can pick out your meals and pay all at once. Plus the savings over those 7 nights since we need 2 rooms comes to quite a bit of savings. Yes I do like the CBR theme better, but the all stars sports will do just fine this time. Hope this helps you out some.

Having stayed in both, would go for All Star. I think the food court at CBR has been changed and you now pay at one register when you exit. However, overall the food court at All Star has more variety. Just DH and I stayed at All Star in Dec and both of us felt it was better than CBR. It was our first time at the All Stars and having stayed in several of the moderates, the All Stars are a much better bargain for your money.

Nancy

I would definitely have to say CBR! The reasons go on forevor!:rolleyes: :bounce:

It depends on your needs...

CBR has the largest rooms of the moderates. Double sinks with lots of storage in the rooms and a privacy curtain between the room and sink area. The rooms also have coffeemakers, hairdryers, irons. Pool towels are available at the main pool.

Each village also has a quiet pool and sand beach with hammocks.
The main pool has a slide and the food court has been refurbished. There is also a new restaurant. CBR is very close to Epcot and MGM.

I you will NOT use those amenties,the AS is a better deal.

Thank you for all your responses. I don't know what I'm going to do. I like the AS for the price, I like the CBR because of the sand beach, playground on sand, and hammocks and the slide at the pool. I guess it sound's like I like CBR better! I have to really focus in on my budget.

Thanks,

Leah

This is a difficult choice, considering the ages of your children. The biggest advantages of staying at the AS is the theming and food court. The rooms are quite a bit smaller than the rooms at the CBR. I vote for CBR. Having an extra sink and tons more space for storage is a big plus when traveling with small children. The extra shelf under the sink is perfect for storing snacks and breakfast items. The bench in the room is padded, but also lifts to hold alot of clothing, toys, diapers. When I was there in April 2002 there were very few people at the quite pool. Families could "hang out" by the shallow end, or near stairs, and enjoy themselves. Nice tables with unbrellas, and many chairs. The kids will love the beach area, request an area with a playground. I'm not sure they have a playground at every beach.
Maybe Seaspray will see your post, she has a great CBR site.

Originally posted by jwwi
Maybe Seaspray will see your post, she has a great CBR site.

Thanks jwwi! :)

I did see this thread earlier but it looked like others had all the good points of CBR covered so I didn't reply, but I will now :teeth:

Just to reiterate a few points:

The rooms at CBR are a good size, they are the largest rooms of all the moderates and are actually the same size as the rooms at 2 of the deluxe resorts, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

ALL of the rooms have been totally refurbished in the last year or so.

The food court area and sit-down restaurant JUST reopened after being totally redone. Now there is a central register to pay for the food you buy at the food court, no more having to wait in separate lines. I hear the new restaurant is great too! :) They have also added a "grab and go" section where you can literally run in and grab a drink, fruit, snacks and sandwiches without even going near the main food court.

They have added extra storage spaces to the rooms. There's a bench in the room that has space underneath the seat as well as a shelf with pegs above it. They have opened up the area beneath the two sinks for storage, too.

The main pool is a lot of fun, and there are huge "quiet" pools in each of the 6 village areas.

I cannot say enough about seeing the water sparkling on the lake, or relaxing in one of those oversized hammocks. There are also chairs and chaise lounges on the beaches too. There are several play grounds scattered along the beaches as well as a volleyball court on the beach at Trinidad North.

I could go on and on.... If you have any more questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter