Cdn tickets "check in"

I called to ask and the lady said because I booked a package over the phone with room and Canadian tickets I don't need to activate them before I can use them but if I bought the tickets by themselves then I would need to have my passport and activate them before I could use them. I hope that helps.
That makes sense! I had booked a package with them (room, dining plan, and tickets) so they had all our information already.

That makes sense! I had booked a package with them (room, dining plan, and tickets) so they had all our information already.
Good to know! We booked our hotel, tickets and memory maker through the website so hopefully we should be good as well! I'll probably follow up closer to our departure to make sure nothing changes in the process.

Darn. I booked my hotel and tickets through Disney but separately, not as a package. Guess I’m headed to DS when I get there to activate the tickets!

Darn. I booked my hotel and tickets through Disney but separately, not as a package. Guess I’m headed to DS when I get there to activate the tickets!
Same....hopefully I can nap on the plan so I don't lose sleep heading to DS!

We have Canadian tickets from the 25% discount. Where do I get my magic bands? We plan on going to the parks with our FP on a Sunday and I need the bands first obviously. We do not stay onsite until the Sunday night. Two years ago when we went they sent us to Disney Springs on a Saturday night to get the bands, what a night mare for our Sunday park day. Is there a better way or location?

I know most of the posts have been about WDW but I wanted to give our experience with our CDN resident tickets at Disneyland this past Christmas, in case anyone is headed to DL...I had our tickets in hand, along with our passports, when we entered Disneyland for the first time...the CM never even asked to see our passports even though her screen showed "CDN Resident ticket - check passport", she did take our pictures and told us to have a great day.

Did you get e-tickets when you purchased, and if so, do they give you official tickets when you arrive? I just purchased tickets last night and got e-tickets which I printed out. I figured we would exchange them for official tickets at the ticket window when we arrive, but it says we can just bring the printed tickets right to the entrance. I'd rather not have to carry these sheets of paper around for the entire trip.

Do I have to print the tickets that were emailed to me and take them, or can I just use my magicband to activate them after checkin since they are linked?

Do I have to print the tickets that were emailed to me and take them, or can I just use my magicband to activate them after checkin since they are linked?
Just your magic bands and your passport work. We were there in September and it only took a few minutes in DS at guest services the night before our first park day.

You can activate them at guest services which is basically located right in the middle of Disney Springs.
We plan on going to DS after we check into Fort Wilderness to activate our vouchers - better safe than sorry as I don't want to take our passports to the park. I wonder if you can just use your driver's license as proof of residency???

Last edited:
We have Canadian tickets from the 25% discount. Where do I get my magic bands? We plan on going to the parks with our FP on a Sunday and I need the bands first obviously. We do not stay onsite until the Sunday night. Two years ago when we went they sent us to Disney Springs on a Saturday night to get the bands, what a night mare for our Sunday park day. Is there a better way or location?

Technically, you don't get them until you check in at your hotel. You can do that as early as 6 or 7am on the Sunday, even if your room isn't ready until much later.

Or, if you still have your old MagicBands, those will work to get into the park.

Hello- any updates if those who booked Magic your way packages (tickets and jotel), still had to show ID at the park GS? Would the hotel know when you check in (to save having to line up at GS)? Lastly, do they accept a drivers license or copy of a passport?

Thanks.

Hello- any updates if those who booked Magic your way packages (tickets and jotel), still had to show ID at the park GS? Would the hotel know when you check in (to save having to line up at GS)? Lastly, do they accept a drivers license or copy of a passport?

Thanks.
Still looking for recent visitors to confirm if they accept a DL or does it have to be our passports?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!