Delete Thread

I power read to catch up on your TR!
Such lovely pictures of you both!

Thanks for sharing your vacation...looks like a fantastic time!

Playing catch up as usual!!

My favorite chocolate/chocolate covered oreos come from a local place called Uncle Sam's, and I don't think any other measures up; but these were Godiva chocolate and were really good too.

I'm not a huge Oreo fan would you believe, but I am a sucker for cute packaging and those were adorable!

Josh wanted to show he has better abs than the Biebs :rotfl:

He does, and he also has better hair than the Biebs.

We've eaten at the Shake Shack there before and enjoyed it.

Shake Shack fries are my favourite.

The first was Lake Eola Park.

What a cute place. Never heard of it. I wish I had time to do more exploring around Orlando.

I power read to catch up on your TR!
Such lovely pictures of you both!

Thanks for sharing your vacation...looks like a fantastic time!

Thanks for following along! It was such a fun trip!

I'm not a huge Oreo fan would you believe, but I am a sucker for cute packaging and those were adorable!

I'm not either, but covered in the right kind of chocolate they're a million times better! :p (I did also love the colors on the packaging).

He does, and he also has better hair than the Biebs.

:laughing: I agree!

What a cute place. Never heard of it. I wish I had time to do more exploring around Orlando.

It's crazy how much stuff there is to see around Orlando.

Oh my goodness!!! That was the day I retreated inside as I couldn't deal with the cold in the morning....and you both only have a sweater on!!!!!

I am officially a total wimp!!!!

Love your pictures as always......and love the flower pictures too....they were very pretty...and yes, it looks so funny without the HHN décor up...….

There's a lot of props around the museum, the only ones I'd recommend avoiding are the ones that go on your head. I can't imagine how many people wear those in a day :crazy2: So this stop had fake champagne glasses.
Ick. But the other props are fun! I don't remember Props in London, I just remember feeling weird posing by some of the figures lol.
But if you look below he did the same thing in 2015...:rotfl:
:rotfl:
Although I think I like this one from 2015 better where he's linked arms with Einstein like they're a bunch of schoolgirl bffs on their way to class :lmao:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I do want to highlight this picture I took in 2015 in which I was pretending to be one of Tiger Wood's mistresses trying to mow him down with a golf cart. I'm not sure that translates super well by looking at this :laughing:
I appreciate your effort!
So I think the Bieber figure has changed over the years as his appearance has changed. Josh wanted to show he has better abs than the Biebs :rotfl:
Whoa. apparently I am not up on the Biebs' appearnce. Also it sort of looks like he's going to remove his pants...?
In Superman's section you help him lift a helicopter. (I took video of Josh but not a picture). The person working there told us the helicopter is actually pretty heavy, but I lifted it relatively easily and told Josh that later. He then told me the woman working there had helped lift the end when I wasn't looking :rotfl:
(BTW I just finished A Series of Unfortunate Events, and I loved it! I started reading the series as a kid and never finished. When the show started I decided to watch it without trying to find out what I missed so the ending would be a surprise, and it was worth it. I just finished it last night, and I really enjoyed it. I heard that NPH was instrumental in getting the series made, and he played Olaf really well).
Yes! We need to watch season 3 still, but it is so great. The Jim Carrey movie was AWFUL. I also stopped reading mid-series... Ironically I think where the break is between season two and three, is where I stopped reading.
Also remember when girls were wearing ties with every outfit because of Avril Lavigne? :rotfl: This picture reminds me of that.
I remember!!
(Btw I watched one of those "kids identify 90's songs" videos they have the other day, and not one of them knew who sang that song).
I wouldn't be able to tell you who sings this, but I do know the song!
This is my favorite picture of Josh from the wax museum he just looks like he's in complete awe :rotfl:
:thumbsup2
Steven Spielberg, and they had a lot of his movies represented in the room.
I was inspired to dig out my Spielberg photo from London:
LyJIogWl.jpg

Will Smith is looking crazy eyed at the fire, it's really hard to get a picture where he's looking at the camera if you're just next to him so Josh offered to take this one from across the way. (We basically had the museum to ourselves from the Gotham section on).
Why would they do that? Also why even have the fire?
In 2015 Josh got this one with Brangelina, although since they aren't together anymore I wonder if they've moved their wax figures apart now :scratchin
Ha I bet so! My friend is obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch which was the main reason we went to MTs in London, and they had added a wedding ring even though he hadn't been married long.
A really quick look back for people who want more information on the complex. In 2015 we did the Skeleton Museum which was actually really cool. It seems to usually be relatively empty. They've assembled the skeletons of many different animals, and also what some mythical creatures would maybe look like. I think Timtracker did a vlog on it recently, there's a lot of information in there.
Wonder if I can twist Zack's ar to go here... He'd probably handle it better than the Bodies exhibit :scratchin
Clearwater beach/aquarium, and Kennedy Space Center
I haven't done touristy things around Clearwater, but I love the area the two times I've been. And We really enjoyed Kennedy. Even though I'm not like, always reading up on space travel/tech/history, I just found it super interesting to learn a lot of the details that had never crossed my mind.
(Despite the fact that this came up under "spiral staircase gif"
I don't think that's a spiral staircase, but this is hilarious).
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Here's me trying to pose normally and but instead looking like I forgot how humans hold utensils:
After dinner we dropped the car off at the Sheraton near our hotel. It was really easy to find, the building the pretty big and but there wasn't a lot too it so we could see the car drop off right away. We could've kept the car overnight, but then we'd have to pay another night's parking and we didn't need it in the morning.
Was it the one with the big ball lit up on top? We almost stayed there on the first night of our very first trip. And then I decided if I was hauling wedding things around I didn't want to move hotels.
My favorite thing about Portofino Bay is taking pictures of this view every morning:
This was me both days walking to Universal last weekend, we stayed right across from the main resort entrance so we could see Portofino and the boats through the bushes:
tenor.gif

Every time we go down Knockturn Alley I notice something that I swear I've never seen before.

Like these moving drawings:
Same! we just noticed them last weekend!
Where I bet Josh by a lot with one of my best scores :banana: (I think my actual best score was maybe in the 400000's).
I was kicking Zack's butt (which really for me meant I had like 110k vs his 50k) which never happens... and then he hit the red button. We didn't realize that gave you extra bonus points, so I made sure to hit it the next time we rode so I could at least win once.

Lol....one of my friends went to the BTS place with her husband for a date night sometime last year...they love desserts......but she felt it was designed like some kind of illegal lady of the night place......:rotfl: she does paint quite a picture!!! She wasn’t overly impressed.....said I’d hate it as everything is so sweet.....so we didn’t ever bother going......not worth it for us who aren’t big dessert eaters. But do love Sal’s!!!!

Your pictures are fabulous as always........Dr Doom is the coolest guy and you had a great meet with him and the green goblin.......he’s so funny! Oh you’re definitely a villain now if they invited you.......lol......

We love that area around the discovery centre too.....so quiet usually........I think that area may change quite a bit in the future........

I’m looking forward to your review of breadbox.......I think Tom would like to try that place one day......to be honest we always forget it’s there.....and we’re with Josh with CiTH being ultra creepy.....we didn’t grow up with Seuss in the UK, so he does take something to get used to his style.......and the ride is waaaayyyy out there!!! Follow up with ET after that and your brain goes into meltdown!!!

Grinchmas looks so good!!! I’m sorry we missed it this year as we really wanted to see it......but again, glad you enjoyed it and I’ve just looked at all your pictures again......they are stunning!!!

And yes..........Honk Honkers.........:laughing:

My favorite thing about Portofino Bay is taking pictures of this view every morning:

2ADrNnml.jpg
How could you not!? My goodness that place is gorgeous!

I had spilled milkshake on my pants at lunch and had (mostly but not all the way) gotten it off my pants so I wanted to go back to the room and change.
Kinda like #thanksphotopass, you can say #thanksjosh for that one :laughing: ;)

He had after all just spent a hard few hours vacationing and waiting for dragons to breathe fire.

ygqDkg5.gif
Vacationing is tough :rotfl:

(This wasn't in an area of the queue they were using, but wouldn't this make a perfect Instagram wall? :rotfl:)

H0EqbXVl.jpg

(This wasn't in an area of the queue they were using, but wouldn't this make a perfect Instagram wall? :rotfl:)
Yes!!!

we'll be going to Cali in April/May
Awesome! Are you doing Disneyland at all?

xqIQKxyl.jpg

(As always we have to laugh at this sign). #Maturi
I'm with you 100% :rotfl2:

I always love your reports, but have been behind! My son and I decided since it's so cold here now, we're going to go to Orlando over Christmas break this year so we can get some warmth leading into next winter (going to Orlando over Christmas break -- something I vowed never to do) and going to Sea World (we were there when Shamu crushed his trainer many years ago -- so I vowed never to go there again either, but I think I can stomach it now). Davy LOVES penguins, so I really want to do that tour with him! So glad you did it and I am prepared for it to be cold!

Also, we love NPH too. Davy is OBSESSED with A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Everything so far looks very cool (other than the Dolphin hotel!).

Omg like you were in the park that day? That sounds horrifying. We were a little hesitant to go to Seaworld for awhile because of all the stuff that had happened in the past with the animals and trainers, but it seems like they've made some steps in recent years to care for the animals better and take more precautions. The people that did the penguin tour seemed like they really loved working with the animals there.

You should definitely do the tour! It's probably the best priced backstage tour I've seen, and we really enjoyed it. Definitely bring a jacket/pants/maybe another layer if you're in a tshirt, but I actually went super overboard and brought hats/gloves/etc so don't do that :rotfl:

Yes was in the park -- my son was about 3 or 4... I had booked the backstage dinner package JUST FOR THAT TIME but something told me to cancel it so I did thankfully or we would've seen it all. We actually talked to the trainers right before but I don't think the one who died was there... we were going to come back and do it the next day... so, I see helicopters and stuff around and crazy traffic, but there was no announcement in the park other than shows were canceled. I left, went to dinner outside the park, and then starting getting texts from back home asking if we were ok. I had no idea what had happened but was so worried we had been some of the last few to talk to that poor trainer. It really shook me up. But, I too, have read that Sea World has done a better job with the animals.

Thanks so much for the tips! Looking forward to it now! I am concerned about the crowd, but going to do express passes at Sea World and Universal. Also, hopefully since Discovery Cove limits its numbers it won't be horrible... hopefully....

Can't wait to read more!

Beautiful pictures from Aventura rooftop.....it really is the highlight of that hotel. And Sapphire too is gorgeous….I love that staircase too.....and for some reason I take the same pictures every visit of it...lol....

I read your review of The Palm. What a shame you didn't have a good experience....I hate to hear that. Condescending waiters are one of the worst things when you come across one.... We had one once in there, younger guy, not enjoyable.....we spoke to the manager who we know well and she knew we weren't the type to complain, we were changed over to a lovely lady who had looked after us before, and we get her all the time now......

But, there`s no excuse......and we eat there a lot and have never seen Bernaise sauce on the menu, I knew you could ask for it among other things, but it`s not usually on the menu. I`m so annoyed you didn't have the experience we always have at The Palm.....I can see why you don't want to rush back there. I`d be the same...

We have the au gratin potatoes every visit and they are delicious!!! But, yes, not what I`d call au gratin....and I`m sad you didn't get a great steak.....every visit we`ve had the steaks are always perfect...….yours should have been too......so disappointed for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!