Celebrating Sweet 16 in Disney?

tobin04

Mouseketeer
We'll be down the week after my daughter turns 16! We've been there for her first, her 13th and now her 16th (plus many other trips!) I think I'll order a cake. What else? Any cute tee ideas??? I'm not creative! Her princess of choice has always been Cinderella. I did get her a sweet 16 sash she can wear.

Happy Birthday to your daughter. That sounds like fun. We celebrated our DDs 21st birthday in DW and had a blast. We were a party of 11 (we surprised her with having 4 of her friends meet us there) and all wore matching shirts. All girls wore pink tank tops and the guys wore blue t-shirts that all matched. I attaching the photos of the front and back of the shirts that we ordered.

We celebrated the day of her birthday dinner at BOG and breakfast at Chef Mickeys. We did order a cake at BOG and had it sent there. We did something special each day. The kids liked to dress up and we did something each day. When we went to Ohana we all dressed with flowers, leis around neck and ankles and hats for the guys. When we went to animal kingdom - I had animal themed items for them to wear. We decorated the room with signs and balloons. We had so much fun the whole trip. On her birthday she wore a sash and mickey ears that said 21st birthday. The rest of us wore the t-shirts and wore mickey years with party hats on them. You can see how we looked by clicking on our video below from that birthday - August 2016.

I hope this helps. Come back and let us know how it goes.

What is she really into?
*If she loves characters, I would try to meet 16 characters.
* If she loves rides, try to ride 16 of her favorites.
*If she is into social media, she should try to do the 16 most iconic photo ops in all of WDW (with a dole whip, at the purple wall, with a mickey bar, with the castle, with mickey, etc).
*If she loves food (like me!!!), have her make a bucket list of snacks/drinks, etc and get all of them (ok, so maybe not in one day, but over the course of the trip).

Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian is a fun way to celebrate something special!

I went for my 19th birthday and bought one of their fancier (read: more expensive) tiaras for myself as a birthday gift to wear while I was there.

Character makeover at the Grand Floridian- they’ll do more grown up Cinderella inspired makeup and hair. Lunch at CRT or tea at Grand Floridian.

And let her Disneybound as Cinderella! So much fun- the whole family could Disneybound, if they’re up for it.

When we are at WDW for someone's birthday, we let the birthday person plan the day. They pick the park and the meal. I also order a cake to be delivered. We don't do the homemade matching shirts, but I do get a shirt made that says "it's my birthday" for the birthday person. :)

We celebrated our dd’s Sweet 16 at Disney. We were staying at the GF. She also wore the sash! We started off the day with room service breakfast for her, a spa appointment followed by a hair appointment at the GF hair salon. We had a photo shoot done, followed by dinner at her favorite restaurant- Narcoossee’s and to end the night a fireworks cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!