"Certified" Disability in Asian Disney parks?

fabfemmeboy

DIS Veteran
(Posting in "Other lands" area as there is rarely any information available for non-US parks on the disABILITIES board)
I'm planning a trip to Hong Kong and Shanghai this winter, obviously including park days. When I visit the US parks, I have used a DAS pass both for my anxiety and for my MS and its physical symptoms. I know that, unlike the US parks, parks that aren't under the Americans with Disabilities Act and HIPPAA do consider/require diagnoses rather than just symptoms/needs, and I've found that both Hong Kong and Shanghai have a DAS-equivalent for people with a "certified disability." The parks also have discount tickets for guests with a "certified disability." I understand some of what might be involved for local guests, but for those of us coming from outside their particular bureaucracy...how do I go about "certifying" my disability or otherwise proving it to them? A doctor's note? A copy of my latest brain scan? I can't imagine that the DAS card is only available if you live locally and therefore have the local version of the certified disability card (and I know I've seen people on this board from the US or Australia who managed to use a DAS-like system anyway).

In Tokyo, they won't ask for a doctor's note and they have their own program similar to DAS. One thing to remember though is the parks have much more restrictions and in many cases, having someone assisting you will be necessary. For more info: https://tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdr/bfree.html

I may swing by Hong Kong Disneyland this week and if I do, I'll go by City Hall to inquire about it for you and my mom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!