Chances of additional Free Dining Rooms Opening Up

timsueshd

Julie the Cruise Director
What is the feeling about additional Free Dining Rooms opening up for arrival dates of November 26 or 27 at AKL, AK Jambo or AK Kidani?

It seemed on Wednesday after the release there were a bunch of additional rooms available, just not for what I was looking for. Yes, we are dead set on staying at Animal Kingdom, this is my DS13 2nd time at Disney and first time staying on property and I have always wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom. Plus staying at a Value resort and upgrading the dining plan, there really isn't much price difference.

I do have the arrival date of November 25 booked but as doing some research on flights have found out that is the busiest and most expensive day to fly. So if I change my flight by a day or two I can save a couple hundred dollars each person. Obviously I'm keeping my current reservation because even spending a little more on airfare is still saving me money with free dining, but nothing wrong with trying to save more money.

I think sometimes they do open more up if they have a lot of the rooms booked. But for the record...we are going in September and we wanted Pop Century but had to take All Star Sports...we upgraded the Dining package. The cost to book AKL was $2000 more than what we paid for All Star Sports.

If they still need to fill up rooms they may offer more incentives and the other rooms with free dining are booked.

A lot of people and TA's put the rooms on a 3-day hold while they or their clients decide so some of those will come back open. Keep checking!

I have been checking day and night for the past few days and new rooms do for sure open up, so keep checking!

It does happen. A few years ago, we had FD booked for Xmas time at CSR. But then a family member was looking at coming to visit during that time, making us a party of 5. Very late one night (like 2am), all of a sudden I saw availability at POR in a standard room with FD. Since CRO was closed, I simply put down a deposit, and the next day, I called and had the original reservation moved over.

Earlier today there was availability in Nov. at AsMusic. Gone now.

I have found that lack of availability does NOT mean the rooms are filled FD or not. Often if I look for a 4 or 5 day stay is says no availability. If I add 1 more day it then shows several resorts available. That means the rooms were not filled for the shorter stay. Disney simply wants to fill longer stays first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter