Chances of resort price drop for August

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
We may switch our WDW trip for UO 8/4-8/14. Right now the 3 EP resorts have prices of $357 a night or more for the 10 day stay. We went in August 3 years ago and we paid $229 a night on average for RPR. What are the chances the SMSM prices for our dates will drop to less that $300 a night for any of the EP resorts? And how far out before August will we see the price drop?

TIA!

If you could go later it would be cheaper... I have a reservation in for RPH for Aug 17-25 and it is $223/night.

But if you are locked in to those days then could also hope for AP rate.

EDIT: Actually it looks like if you add the 3rd to your stay and it drops to $286/night..

Last edited:
If you could go later it would be cheaper... I have a reservation in for RPH for Aug 17-25 and it is $223/night.

But if you are locked in to those days then could also hope for AP rate.

EDIT: Actually it looks like if you add the 3rd to your stay and it drops to $286/night..

Ok thank you. I could add the 3rd.

Ok thank you. I could add the 3rd.

Have to play with dates,that's how chose the week we are going, even though was thinking of an earlier trip, but $120/night less convinced me. Also saw how length affects rates... For every day i shortened my stay,the rate went up $10/20 a night. (But that's the fundamental of SMSM)

At least lock in that rate, then hope for an even better one..that's what I'm doing, but can live with one i have if nothing else comes up.

I booked Royal Pacific for late April trip back in October. I got the cheapest rate. $210/night. Since then prices have climbed. $325 now. No AP rate yet for regular rooms, only Hospitality suite. I keep tracking rate to see if an AP will come out for regular rooms, but I’m happy with the rate I booked. Anything else will be icing on the cake.

Disney Ron, this is a long shot but if a convention does a last minute cancellation,many blocks of rooms will
open up

Prices will drop so they can be filled quickly

Start looking 45-30 days out to catch a great room rate deal

Hotels want to fill rooms and can do so quickly by dropping the prices

I have twice been able to catch a break in costs by canceling original booking and rebook at the lower rate

Wish you success in getting a sweet deal !

Disney Ron, this is a long shot but if a convention does a last minute cancellation,many blocks of rooms will
open up

Prices will drop so they can be filled quickly

Start looking 45-30 days out to catch a great room rate deal

Hotels want to fill rooms and can do so quickly by dropping the prices

I have twice been able to catch a break in costs by canceling original booking and rebook at the lower rate

Wish you success in getting a sweet deal !

Thank you young lady.

Just FYI... prices for my week at RPH just went up $100/night. Of course they will change many more times before August, but just reminder to lock in a price you feel is decent now.

Wow. I didn't know the rate could fluctuate that much. If I were to keep the same dates and only change hotel or room category, can I modify the reservation online similar to Disney's? Or do I have to book a new reservation and cancel the old one? Can I cancel online or do I need to call Universal?
Thanks

I have always called when I needed to make a change on my hotel booking

But it was for the same hotel

You can book a new reservation for the new hotel and cancel your other reservation

You would need to pay a one night room deposit making this new reservation

Just FYI... prices for my week at RPH just went up $100/night. Of course they will change many more times before August, but just reminder to lock in a price you feel is decent now.

Wow. I didn't know the rate could fluctuate that much. If I were to keep the same dates and only change hotel or room category, can I modify the reservation online similar to Disney's? Or do I have to book a new reservation and cancel the old one? Can I cancel online or do I need to call Universal?

Thanks
If you stay at the same resort, you can call and ask to modify your reservation.

If you want to switch to another, your deposit will be refunded (usually in a matter of days, same as WDW) but you do have to cancel the original and rebook an entirely new reservation.

All the dates i’ve Been monitoring (June - Dec) have gone up substantially since the announcement date of new coasters

APH rates slow to be rolled out this year

Keep checking, there is a date & Rate thread going back years along with the APH rate thread.

So my rates are for March 31-April 1st for Portofino, but we did see around $100/night drop using the AP discount (originally booked 9 months out, AP rates came out January but we had to upgrade room category, just today less than a month out was able to get AP discount back to Garden View)

If you stay at the same resort, you can call and ask to modify your reservation.

If you want to switch to another, your deposit will be refunded (usually in a matter of days, same as WDW) but you do have to cancel the original and rebook an entirely new reservation.

All the dates i’ve Been monitoring (June - Dec) have gone up substantially since the announcement date of new coasters

APH rates slow to be rolled out this year

Keep checking, there is a date & Rate thread going back years along with the APH rate thread.
There has been no APH rates for my late April/May stay released. Only for hospitality suite. It doesn’t look like there will be anything. And my rate has gone up by over $100 too! And coaster isn’t even open for those dates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter