Change of plan - need advice re passes please

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
Our original plan was to buy Annual Passes for our trip this December and then go back in October 2003. BUT our plans have now changed as DH will have a important boat show the end of October and as we won't know the date of that until early next year, and October being a busy time, we think it is a non-starter, as availabiity from Manchester with Virgin is likely to be very low by then, and prices high!

So.... thinking again we are now planning on March 2004, a bit longer to wait but I think we will get a better deal on the flights. An annual pass will no longer cover both holidays so I am looking at the 10 Day Pass for our trip this December. As it includes a character breakfast which would cost about £40 it looks quite a good deal.

Any info on this pass would be great. Which restuarants can you have your breakfast? Is Crystal Palace included? And if I book the passes with Virgin to take advantage of my Frequent Virgin discount of 10%, will they give me a voucher, I hope I won't have to go to the welcome meeting to get that will I? Would rather not waste any of our precious time doing that!

Any info on the pass would be brilliant!

Did you find out Mazzy?

I am almost certain that you get a voucher from Virgin - but maybe one of our recent returnee's would be able to verify :D :D

Hi Janice - not long to go now! What date do you leave?

My question was actually answered within Hilary's thread titled '10 day passes - again', if anyone needs the info, that's where to look!

Hello Mazzy :wave:

Glad you got the answer you was looking for :D

Tuesday 21st :D Really on the final countdown now and I am sooooo excited :D

Went and got all my last minute bits and bobs yesterday - toiletries and so on.

I feel for Shirley though - she has all these problems with her PC and is missing
joining in the last few days build up!

Sooooo I have to be excited for the two of us! LOL :D :D :D

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Dolphin here we come :D

Oooh Janice, I'm so jealous, I really am! I'm sure you will LOVE the Dolphin! :D

Poor Shirley - missing the build up, but at least it's her computer that is broken and nothing else - at least she will still have all the fun of WDW to enjoy! :D

Can't wait to hear all about it on your return, our first trip was in May 99, also to the Dolphin, it will be hot, hot, hot but the pool is wonderful with the waterfall!

Who are you flying with?

British Airways at 10.55 ---- so think of us :D

I just hope I can cope with the heat - I have never been during really hot weather before and I have been reading that it is exceptionally hot at the moment so am a bit wary :D

Still - I am sure we will be able to take lots of fluids and rest :D :D

I am just sooo excited as it will be my first experience of being immersed in WDW for the whole holiday :)

We stayed at OKW last year for 4 days - but I have a feeling that this week will be just so much more because of being with someone who is a Disney nut too :D :D :D

Janice, it was very hot when we went, the shuttle driver said it was hotter than usual, it was in the low 90s. I am hopeless in the heat but at WDW you can manage as everywhere is airconditioned - freezing in fact! You will never have a better excuse to hit the shops, just say you need to cool off! ;) The worst experience I had was at Sea World, as it has lots of open spaces, and I couldn't cool off as often as I needed, but apart from that I managed OK.

It does make a difference spending the whole of your holiday on-site, and having a fellow DISERS along with you will make it SO much fun! :D

Hi Mazzy,

Don't know about the 10 day pass I'm afraid. But last year we booked 5 day hopper plus passes via Virgin and it was a voucher which was sent to our home address, therefore you don't have to attend the welcome meeting. What you do is you take the voucher to a designated window, something like customer services but can't quite remember, at any of the four parks and they exchange it for proper tickets.

Hope this helps a little.

Annmarie

Thanks AnnMarie, that sounds more positive! :D

Anyone purchased the 10 Day pass from Virgin recently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter