• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

changed from POR to a Cabin........

darlene walker

Mouseketeer
Hi, I just changed from 2 rms. at Por to a cabin. There will be 6 of us, Nana, dh, dd17, ds5 and ds4. Will we be comfortable in one or should we resv. another one? I requested loop 2500 or 2600 and to be at the entrance because the bus stops are closer. Has anyone ever stayed in or around this area? Also will all of us fit on 1 golf cart? We got a really good price with the fall fling code and are so looking foward to stay here. Only one more question can you swim in water at the beach?
Thanks, Darlene

The only thing that I know is that you cannot swim at the beach. I can't answer your other questions since our first stay at FW will be in September. Hope you have fun!

The cabins have two bunk beds, and a full size bed in the rear bedroom, and a pull down double bed in the living room. If someone can sleep with a little one in the rear bed, and a bigger person use the bottom bunk you should all fit ok. But then the little ones might fight about the bunk beds! We stayed in a cabin at Christmas, and really loved it. My family just loves Ft Wilderness.

Forgot! Or was that a senior moment? The 2500 loop is great with a quiet pool, and laundry. I don't know about the new colors for bus--I know it's supposed to improve transportation without the extra waiting at TTC.

Thanks for the replys. We have heard so many good things about staying here. I can't wait until October. My sons love the outdoors so I know they'll enjoy FW.
Thanks again, Darlene

To answer your golf cart question - no, the golf carts only hold 4 people. 2 in the front seat, and 2 in the rear-facing back seat. You could try & pile all 6 on, but if a CM sees you, they will tell you it's unsafe and make you get out.

We had booked two rooms ar POR, but changed to FW Cabin because of good deal on price. We love both resorts and have stayed in a FW Cabin (actually, back then it was FW Home--different interior design, but basically same setup) in 1995. We had 7 people in there and had plenty of room. the youngest was eleven, so there were no small children, and we were still comfortable. We will only have six this time (no cheating anymore) so it should be even more pleasant.

We just returned from our first stay in the cabins. There were 6 of us, dd(14), ds(11), dh, mil, pil and myself. Amazingly we did not feel crowded at all. It was very comfortable. The cabin was beautiful. I would do it again in a heart beat. :tongue: :p

I'm so glad to here you liked the cabins and found them to be roomy for 6 since there is 6 of us. I'm curious as to how you found the transportation to be since I've heard so many different opinions? I'm glad we've decided to stay at FW.

Darlene,

We were in the 2700 loop and it was a short walk to the bus stop. We never waited to long for the bus. If we were going to the Outpost it was a short trip because there were no stops after the 2700 loop. When going to the Settlement depot it took a little longer because there were more stops in between. Two buses serve the 2700 loop. Orange and purple. We only used the bus one time to get to the Settlement depot as we had rented a golf cart and had taken a couple of bikes. My son and husband rode the bikes while the rest of us used the golf cart. One of the bikes conked out after a couple of days and we used the bus after that mostly to get to the Outpost. While doing something within the campground we just made two trips to get everyone there. Just to let you know they do have one golf cart that seats 6 people. I think it cost $10 more per day. Try to reserve that if you can. That way you can avoid the internal bus service because it will take you a bit longer to get to your destination. If you can't reserve that you will be fine using the buses. Just allow some extra time. You will love Fort Wilderness. ;)

Thanks for letting me know about a cart that seats 6. I have a ressie already but I will call tomorrow and ask about a larger one. I believe I asked to be in either loop 2500 or 2600 I can't remember without the map in front of me. Well thanks alot,
Darlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter