• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changes at the Boardwalk Bakery...

MickeyCrazed

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the restaraunt board but haven't received much response. I was wondering if any DVC member have heard/know about the changes...

Did I miss a thread about this?
DH and I stopped into the bakery last week for breakfast, and half the items that used to be on the menu were missing.

No more:
Chocolate and Vanilla pretzels
Crumb Cake
Fresh Made Donuts

I was crushed. The CM said the a new pastry chef was assigned to the Boardwark. All of the bakery items I enjoyed are now gone, and they were replaced by other "fancy" desserts.

The fresh donuts were replaced by Krispy Kreme. Now don't get me wrong... Krispy Kreme donuts are OK... just not at the BW bakery!

Where did the previous chef go? I miss him and his creations...
(Going off to sulk a little more now)

I have noticed that our favorite items have been disappearing at the Boardwalk Bakery. First, the Macademia Bear Claw and then the Raspberry Donuts...and now the Crumb Cake... oh my!! What is going on?? :confused3

The chocolate and vanilla pretzel was GREAT! First O"Hana and now this is is getting out of control! :earseek: :sad2: :sad2: :scared1:

Change is always difficult, but I will still give it a shot! Heading to BWV in just a couple of weeks!

Wonder if the profit margins for the discontinued items had anything to do with their disappearance???

MickeyCrazed said:
The fresh donuts were replaced by Krispy Kreme. Now don't get me wrong... Krispy Kreme donuts are OK... just not at the BW bakery!
Krispy Kremes, did somebody say Krispy Kremes. :)

SoCalKDG said:
Krispy Kremes, did somebody say Krispy Kremes. :)
A little off topic, but on the Disney Cruise a few weeks ago we were walking by the kitchen in Topsiders and DH saw Krispy Kreme boxes in the kitchen. We laughed and said even Disney knows that they can't top Krispy Kreme when it comes to donuts! ;)

Whow I hate change....when staying at BWV we like to go down and get goodies at the Bakery, not Krispy Kremes!!! And off topic.. Last time we were there they also took the nice meatball hero off the out door menu at Spoodles. :earsgirl:

granmanh603 said:
Whow I hate change....when staying at BWV we like to go down and get goodies at the Bakery, not Krispy Kremes!!! And off topic.. Last time we were there they also took the nice meatball hero off the out door menu at Spoodles. :earsgirl:
ITA ::yes::

MickeyCrazed said:
No more:
Chocolate and Vanilla pretzels
Crumb Cake
Fresh Made Donuts
(Going off to sulk a little more now)

:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter