Changes in plans

Piper321

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to make sure I understand all the rules!

If I have a reservation for 4 and find that only 3 can make it, do they still charge me $10 for the missing person?

And if I have a reservation for 3 and suddenly gain an extra person that day, what do you think the chances are they will accommodate us?

to the first question, no, they won't charge you as long as the 3 still show up for the res.

for the second, it depends on the restaurant and seating. if a reservation of 3 is meant to be seated at a table for 4, they might easily be able to accommodate the extra person, but it's up to the restaurant and not guaranteed. best bet is to keep searching for a reservation for 4 ahead of time.

to the first question, no, they won't charge you as long as the 3 still show up for the res.

for the second, it depends on the restaurant and seating. if a reservation of 3 is meant to be seated at a table for 4, they might easily be able to accommodate the extra person, but it's up to the restaurant and not guaranteed. best bet is to keep searching for a reservation for 4 ahead of time.
Thank you!!

If you have someone that is on the fence of joining you or not I would count them in the total number. That way you're covered either way. It's better to have too many on a reservation than too few and have someone left out of a meal.

they won't charge you as long as the 3 still show up for the res.

They will not charge you as long as even one (1) person shows up.

ADR "NO-SHOW" CANCELLATION FEES 411:
ALL Table Service eateries, both Disney-owned and non-Disney-owned are covered by this policy.
1) The rule says you are charged $10 per person for "no-show" ADR's.
. . . penalty applies when none of the party appears for the ADR
. . . penalty does not apply as long as some guests in party appear
2) The "no-show" penalty procedure
. . . podium person lists ADR as no-show (checks "On Hold" box in computer)
. . . usually after 30-minutes tardiness you are marked as a "no-show"
. . . once listed as "no-show", your name and number of your guests are listed
. . . the computer is reviewed by a manager at the end of the operating day
. . . the eatery manager SOLELY determines whether or not to charge you
. . . if charged, the cost penalty is on your credit/debit card immediately
. . . there are no exceptions for missing ADR's for such things as late flights
. . . if worried about late/delayed flights, don't book a TS meal until well after arrival time
. . . there are NO exceptons for being delayed due to crowded WDW rides or attractions
. . . it is up to you to plan you day to meet ADR times
. . . if you get there and decide not to wait for your ADR< you WILL be charged the no-show-fee
3) Exceptions - policy
. . . penalty is not assessed for cancellations made the day before ADR
. . . the ADR must be canceled by 11:59pm the previous day to avoid a no-show penalty
. . . for prepaid meals, there are 24-48 hour cancel periods (eg: CRT, HDDR, Luau)
4) Exceptions - not policy, and at manager's discretion
. . . cancellations for lunch/dinner made early in the same day
. . . you come to the eatery ANYTIME during the same day and apologize
. . . a few minutes tardy, podium person usually will not denote you as "On Hold"
5) No-Show Penalty Trial Period Backstory
. . . this was done on a trial-basis for 4-weeks in Epcot
. . . cut down no-shows by over 75% at Epcot eateries
. . . Le Cellier cut daily no-shows to 1-page from 2-3 pages
. . . now a policy, as no-shows greatly can reduce eatery revenue
. . . a no-show takes a ressie someone else might have kept
. . . the policy was then trialed for character meals and signature meals
. . . being so successful, it is in effect for almost all table service meals across-the-property

NOTE1: During busy periods, there might not be a grace period and late-is-late, and they
might even cancel your ADR. However, whether the ADR was canceled due to tardiness or
not, the penalty fee will not be imposed, as long as you showed at the podium.

NOTE2: IMPORTANT
If you show up 2-hrs or more before your reservation, you still might get the penalty fee.
The "Ala Carte" dining reservation system
. . . the system only shows/allows 2-hrs of ADR's for check-in purposes
. . . if you show within that time, the SEATER (aka, host/hostess) checks you in with no problem
. . . if you are 20hrs earlier or later than the ADR, the SEATER must write your name and confirmation number down in long hand
. . . the long hand note is given to the manager
. . . the manager, then, will look at the non-shows at the end of the day and not charge you
Why doesn't this manual notation happen all the time?
. . . some SEATERs get a little lazy
. . . sometimes, SEATERs get too busy and forget
. . . some just don't care
If you show up 2-hrs early for your ADR, ask the SEATER if they have noted your confirmation number that you have appeared to the ADR.
If the SEATER does not note your arrival, you can bet you will see a no-show penalty-fee on your credit card.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter