Changes rumored to be coming Disney restaurants upon reopening

I thought BWI was opening earlier, I guess I missed an update. I just did a search to see what the options were right now at Boardwalk. Is it just Trattoria? We aren't going until 10/3 but thought if the hotels were opening in August that most (or at least more) of the dining options would be up and running by the time we got there but who knows now? Sounds like our week might be a busy check-in period.

I stayed at Boardwalk last weekend. Trattoria al Forno, the pizza window and Boardwalk bakery were the only choices. And the bakery is nearly empty. No fresh baked goods besides a cookie, a brownie, and one cupcake. Now that the Swan is open there are a few more options over there. And once Yacht Club opens on 8/24 I am assuming Ale & Compass or Yachtsman will open. Fingers crossed. It's bare bones for food on Crescent Lake right now.

I stayed at Boardwalk last weekend. Trattoria al Forno, the pizza window and Boardwalk bakery were the only choices. And the bakery is nearly empty. No fresh baked goods besides a cookie, a brownie, and one cupcake. Now that the Swan is open there are a few more options over there. And once Yacht Club opens on 8/24 I am assuming Ale & Compass or Yachtsman will open. Fingers crossed. It's bare bones for food on Crescent Lake right now.
:sad:

Agreed; we were at BCV 7/24 to the 29th and while the BCMarketplace was also open their selection was smaller than usual. We did however end up eating breakfast at Trattoria twice and it’s a new favorite!

Right now? We see no Disney Restaurants. We love these, and will return when they again EXIST.

Perhaps this will change - but I would advise people to look to non-Disney owned restaurants, listed on Open Table.

MANY at DS. SEVERAL at Swan-Dolphin. WDW is no longer the only way to book Dinning.

Seems weird that they would convert Chef Mickey's (among others) to "Family Style" and yet close 'Ohana that has always been family style. I'm sure there is a good reason, but I'm also sure I can't imagine what it is.
We were bummed to hear Obama would be closed! My mother pointed out it was probably because they carry the meat on skewers from table to table allowing for cross contamination. It’s definitely one of our favorite restaurants

Seems weird that they would convert Chef Mickey's (among others) to "Family Style" and yet close 'Ohana that has always been family style. I'm sure there is a good reason, but I'm also sure I can't imagine what it is.
My guess is it's because the Contemporary is fully open and the Poly is just DVC right now so the Poly is probably at 20% capacity max right now. Not enough people to have all the restaurants open.

^^I would guess that Park Fare would be near the end to reopen. Its a face character meal & is in the basement.

Any news on whether buffet or additional family style meals will be available by Thanksgiving? Is the Luau at the Polynesian open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!