Changing age on airmiles tickets

shaynar

Mouseketeer
So I bought my tickets a last year, and now we're planning a trip for Jan 2019! Yay!

However, my son will be turning 10 December 31st, so he'll be three weeks too old to use the child ticket I have for him. Can I pay the difference when I redeem it?

You can but i believe you will only get credit for the 25 per cent off can deal. If thats what you got. And then pay the whole difference.

Disney doesn't *USUALLY* penalize a child from aging out of a category for tickets if it is a reasonable amount of time -- in your case i'm thinking 3 weeks might be safe. Dining is a different story -- he's an adult. I'm not at all condoning lying about your son's age but i would imagine if you asked nicely and explained that it's a mere 3 weeks you might get lucky and have him remain a "ticket child" Otherwise, like mort mentioned, you're going to need to bring the cost of that ticket up to the current price of a child's ticket before you can upgrade to an adult ticket and it won't be cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter