Changing discounts/package affect park reservations?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
We currently have the Recovery20 resort discount with 10 day hoppers. I added an extra day at the end of the package for $156. Now we are looking to add another day. If I add room only with my AP discount, it would only be 100 each for the extra nights. Problem is we already have park reservations at HS that are no longer available. If I change the last 2 days to a room only, will I lose my current park reservations?

You shouldn't, since the tickets are what entitles you to the park reservations. But I'd call to confirm, when you change the resort.

I'm a bit confused, do you have tickets, or an AP?

DD and I have both; DH only has PH. We orig booked Free Dining and planned to upgrade DH to AP and renew ours using the value of the PH. Crossing fingers & toes new APs become available this month or next.

I had a package booked for my October 2020 trip, with park reservations, and found a better deal for the hotel elsewhere and cancelled the package without losing my park reservations. I did this all online without needing to call.

You will not lose your park reservations.

Park reservations are not associated with tickets or resort reservations.

You have to have a ticket to make the park reservation, but once made, it's not actually associated with either, and changing either of them doesn't affect the park reservations. Even canceling everything outright won't cancel the park reservations.

Steve

Thanks so much! I went ahead and adjusted the last two days of my reservation and saved 90 😁. Now if they would just sell new APs....

I am currently booked with a vacation package at BWV and would like to switch to the Swan directly and save some money. If I cancel the package, can I just buy tickets at AAA and add them to MDE to keep the park reservations or will they automatically cancel when I cancel the package? I'm so nervous as my trip is in April. Will it keep all my dining as well?

I am currently booked with a vacation package at BWV and would like to switch to the Swan directly and save some money. If I cancel the package, can I just buy tickets at AAA and add them to MDE to keep the park reservations or will they automatically cancel when I cancel the package? I'm so nervous as my trip is in April. Will it keep all my dining as well?
Short answer: yes, you can do that. Longer answer: see my post above

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter