Changing Resort at 7 months

ksinglet

RunDisney Pink Coast to Coast Challenge met!
Ive been trying to read through posts. I have a reservation for Oct 2019 at SSR that I’d like to move at 7 months and I don’t have enough points to make another reservation. Have I read correctly that with the new online modification tool that, provided there is availability where I want to move at 7 months, I can just modify my reservation? I don’t need to cancel and rebook? There is no risk to the current reservation? Thanks!

I have a reservation for Oct 2019 at SSR that I’d like to move at 7 months and I don’t have enough points to make another reservation. Have I read correctly that with the new online modification tool that, provided there is availability where I want to move at 7 months, I can just modify my reservation?

Yes. The key is going to be availability. October is high season, and availability outside of SSR is likely to be stink, stank, stunk.

Yes. The key is going to be availability. October is high season, and availability outside of SSR is likely to be stink, stank, stunk.
Thanks- I kind of figured that. But best case scenario if there is availability good to know that I can at least try and modify it.

Ive been trying to read through posts. I have a reservation for Oct 2019 at SSR that I’d like to move at 7 months and I don’t have enough points to make another reservation. Have I read correctly that with the new online modification tool that, provided there is availability where I want to move at 7 months, I can just modify my reservation? I don’t need to cancel and rebook? There is no risk to the current reservation? Thanks!
As Aurora said, YES. It is so slick to use the booking tool now to modify an existing reservation, completely changing almost everything, including resort, type of room, dates, and length of stay, and to know that it WILL NOT drop your previous (existing) reservation until you click the button to confirm your new, modified reservation.

It is so much more flexible with the ability to modify online. You should be able to see the availability for all resorts at that time to make the change.

It is so much more flexible with the ability to modify online. You should be able to see the availability for all resorts at that time to make the change.
Wow this is an amazing new tool. I wish I’d have known about it earlier! We just had to do that very thing this past week. Told my wife to just call it in because it was going to be too much hassle to try to do it ourselves .

As mentioned you can use the online modify tool, it is slick.
Moving a reservation at 7 months in October can be done, but its a very busy time for DVC and its a matter of luck to find what you are looking for.
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter