Changing the credit card for guarantee

sugcarol

Earning My Ears
I have several ADR's and no longer want to use the credit card I listed for guarantee. I called Disney dining and they told me I would have to cancel all my reservations and start over. Is that right?

I have several ADR's and no longer want to use the credit card I listed for guarantee. I called Disney dining and they told me I would have to cancel all my reservations and start over. Is that right?

Yep.

Drat! My adult son is a multiple organ transplant patient and sometimes he doesn't feel well enough to eat. We have deluxe dining, so I would think if we couldn't make it they would just use the dining credits rather than the 10.00 PP penalty

I have the same question! The card I used to book the ADR's with is expiring in August. I just received my new card (same cc number, but different expiration).

Drat! My adult son is a multiple organ transplant patient and sometimes he doesn't feel well enough to eat. We have deluxe dining, so I would think if we couldn't make it they would just use the dining credits rather than the 10.00 PP penalty

As long as one member of your group shows up for the meal they won't charge the no-show fee. They do have some discretion, if he really doesn't feel well they may waive it but that would be a one time courtesy and not guaranteed.

They won't apply dining credits to the meal in place of the no-show fee.

Unless something has changed since 2015 it doesn't matter what card you use to "guarantee" the ADR with. Just inform them at the table you will be paying with a diff card. I always pay in cash and tell them that when ordering. Never been an issue at all.

Just wanted to post an update, as I had the same question. The credit card I used for all of my ADR's was expiring this month. I went onto MDE and updated the credit card I had on file (as only the expiration and security code were changing). ALL of my ADR's were still showing. I called Disney to verify and was told that it doesn't matter if the card you used to make the reservation expires, or even is closed, your reservations will still be held for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!