Changing time of Disneyland tour: possible?

Camilo

1992 98 06 07 10 11 13 (cruise) 15 16 18 22
Hi folks,

Short and long version of question :)

SHORT: Has anyone been able to change the time of a Disneyland tour?

LONG: I booked the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour for March 21st. Being the first time at Disneyland for the 4 other members of the family, I decided to book the 11:30 AM tour (to give more time for them to feel ok on their own for 3 hours or so that day).

Fast forward a few days, I decided to book the "River Belle Terrace" Fantasmic package, knowing it will be a very busy day when we're going. The only time I was able to secure a place for the family of 5 was 4:45 PM. That means I'll be having the tour lunch around 2:30 PM and then, less than 2 hours later, I'll be having the Fantasmic dinner.

I tried calling Disneyland twice to be told the same by the cast members. Although there IS availability if I want to book the tour again on the 21st for 9:30 AM (which would allow having lunch around 12:30 PM instead), the original tour is non-refundable and you can't alter the reservation either.

Am I out of luck on this one?

Of course, I can always keep trying to find a later opening for the Fantasmic package, although I don't know how often that happens.

Thanks...

Kindly ask to speak to a supervisor.

If you catch them on a nice day and you are friendly and gracious they can and do make exceptions...although the front line cast member your are speaking to on the initial call may not be authorized to do so.

Kindly ask to speak to a supervisor.

If you catch them on a nice day and you are friendly and gracious they can and do make exceptions...although the front line cast member your are speaking to on the initial call may not be authorized to do so.

Thanks for the tip.
I'll call tomorrow from work and ask to speak with a supervisor.
The CMs were so firm in their reply, glad to see there's still hope...
I will post here if it works.
Any more tips/experience would be appreciated....

Of course, I can always keep trying to find a later opening for the Fantasmic package, although I don't know how often that happens.
If you are not able to change it, keep checking back for new times for your dining...especially starting 2-3 days prior to the desired date. That’s when people start canceling to avoid the charge for no-show. I’ve seen Oga’s Cantina and others show up often during this timeframe. Check often, as the newly available spots do not last long.

Hi folks,

Short and long version of question :)

SHORT: Has anyone been able to change the time of a Disneyland tour?

LONG: I booked the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour for March 21st. Being the first time at Disneyland for the 4 other members of the family, I decided to book the 11:30 AM tour (to give more time for them to feel ok on their own for 3 hours or so that day).

Fast forward a few days, I decided to book the "River Belle Terrace" Fantasmic package, knowing it will be a very busy day when we're going. The only time I was able to secure a place for the family of 5 was 4:45 PM. That means I'll be having the tour lunch around 2:30 PM and then, less than 2 hours later, I'll be having the Fantasmic dinner.

I tried calling Disneyland twice to be told the same by the cast members. Although there IS availability if I want to book the tour again on the 21st for 9:30 AM (which would allow having lunch around 12:30 PM instead), the original tour is non-refundable and you can't alter the reservation either.

Am I out of luck on this one?

Thanks...
If you'd be willing to do the F! package at HB, there are later times available for 3/21. Right now, I'm seeing 5:45 pm and 6:45 pm for a party of 5. We've done the HB package and had very good/great viewing every time. The HB section is next to the BB section on the left (facing the island). You can be inches from the BB guests for a lot less money.

I agree with above- keep watching for options to move the dining. I'm not a fan of RBT- the two times I've done it the food was 'meh' and it was very slow so I ended up feeling like I wasted a lot of park time. If I'm going to spend that much time on a meal I'd rather the food and/or ambiance be better than RBT.

HB is our go-to for F! dining unless we want to splurge on BB (but probably wouldn't do that if it was my full family of 5).

Thank you for the tips about Hungry Bear. I thought people had to be standing for HB package but the reviews I have read indicate this is not enforced.

Is this true?

I have scheduled HB for 6:45 pm on the 21st of March. I will cancel RBT at a later date.

Thanks again...

Thank you for the tips about Hungry Bear. I thought people had to be standing for HB package but the reviews I have read indicate this is not enforced.

Is this true?

I have scheduled HB for 6:45 pm on the 21st of March. I will cancel RBT at a later date.

Thanks again...
This current thread has answers for you: Fantasmic questions

This current thread has answers for you: Fantasmic questions

Thanks, theluckyrabbit, I saw no replies after your last inquiry in that thread. We will be there on a very busy day (March 21st) and will NOT have a chance to "take a break" during the day, as we're not staying in Anaheim for the day we plan to see Fantasmic (March 21st). We're also arriving before 7 AM for MM.

So, having the option to sit down during the show would definitely be appreciated :)

Thanks, theluckyrabbit, I saw no replies after your last inquiry in that thread. We will be there on a very busy day (March 21st) and will NOT have a chance to "take a break" during the day, as we're not staying in Anaheim for the day we plan to see Fantasmic (March 21st). We're also arriving before 7 AM for MM.

So, having the option to sit down during the show would definitely be appreciated :)
As I said in that other thread, we've viewed F! many times since the revamp in 2017 (when the new dining package areas were unveiled), and while I've read a few posts saying people had to stand (during peak crowd times, a long time ago), we have never had to stand in the viewing areas. And CMs we've asked do not remember having to ask guests to stand. Do bring jackets or hoodies and something to sit on -- it can get chilly in the viewing areas right by the water.

FWIW and this is outdated, but when I purchased Blue Bayou viewing, they had people standing in a different area with HB and after all of us Blue Bayou people were seated, they let the HB people come in to the same area and sit behind us. Technically, HB had a better view because the railing wasn't right in front of their faces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!