Changing Two Reservations at 7 Months

lalariner

Earning My Ears
I have 2 two bedroom villas reserved at our home resort, BRV, for an extended family trip in October. I would like to try to move to BCV if possible. Right now, it is showing available, but obviously I don't know how many are available or if they will stay that way as the 7 month nark approaches.

My question is, should BCV still show available, is it too risky to try to modify both at 8 am online? Should I wait until 9 am and call? Don't want to end up losing one of the BRV reservations either.

Thanks!

The thing is when trying for 2 rooms, no matter how you do it, one has to be changed before the other,

Even MS can’t hold it, The only thing MS can do is tell you if there is more than one room still there when you try,

Now, one thing that I did last year, when having two rooms is booked one for 6 nights and one for 5,,,when we only needed 5 nights Each

This way, I could change each one at 8 am one morning, and then the second one the next, I wasn’t trying both the same day..

I then modified later. Granted, I could have still ended up not changing both to the same resort, but figured with a waitlist, I’d be okay. I was lucky And got what I wanted.

I think it's too risky unless you're cool ending up with a 2BR at BRV and a 2BR at BCV, and not two at a single resort.

Is there more than one person on your account? Would you each be able to log in right at 8 am to modify a reservation?

Are you okay with ending up at different resorts?

I have not tried this but just an idea.

Here's what you could try. Log into 2 browsers, such as firefox and chrome. At 8 AM be ready to modify one reservation on each browser. Once you hit the continue button on one reservation, then go to the other browser and hit the continue button. If there is no longer availability for the second reservation, just back out of the first one back out of the page and stay put at BRV. You can practice this anytime and just shift your BRV a day or two and move them back between now and March and make sure it works. Before you could modify online reservations, this was the trick you had to do to preserve points when creating and cancelling reservations simultaneously.

Here's what you could try. Log into 2 browsers, such as firefox and chrome. At 8 AM be ready to modify one reservation on each browser. Once you hit the continue button on one reservation, then go to the other browser and hit the continue button. If there is no longer availability for the second reservation, just back out of the first one back out of the page and stay put at BRV. You can practice this anytime and just shift your BRV a day or two and move them back between now and March and make sure it works. Before you could modify online reservations, this was the trick you had to do to preserve points when creating and cancelling reservations simultaneously.

This sounds like a safe route! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter