Character breakfast cost?

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
How much is the character breakfast? I saw on the Aulani site that it's $35 but someone posted that they couldn't eat $50 worth of food to justify it. Can anyone that's been recently confirm that it's $35?

When we went in June it was $35 so I think they were just exaggerating a touch but probably figuring in tax and tip and rounding up to $50. I remember bringing a $100 Disney gift card and then maybe needing $20 more for 3 adult.

I've heard that people consider this a waste of money because the characters are out and about all day. However, doesn't that mean cutting away from beach/pool time to go find them and stand in line to meet them? Are the character lines usually long like DCL? I would rather pay $35 and meet them all at once rather than spend my day in line instead of the beach to meet them all individually. Any thoughts from parents who have done this before?

The character lines are not long at all at Aulani. Often the characters are just walking around the pool/resort and you can stop them to say hello. I don't think we ever waited more than 5 minutes to see any character.

Do they sign autographs? Do they sell autograph books at Aulani?
They do sell autograph books at Aulani!
We stood in line to meet Mickey and he signed our book, however Chip and Dale were walking around the pool, and weren't signing books just taking photos, and saying hi.
Our children went to the Stitch's Space Goo at Aunty's Beach House, we took along the autograph book, and left it with the reception desk.When i picked them up it was signed - but i don't think it was while the children were with Stitch.

Yeah I've heard the lines aren't long at all! We are very into the character meets, and I would entertain the breakfast if the food perhaps was outstanding. I honestly don't see anything of value - only because the characters are just so available to you in your resort stay.

To each their own, if you enjoy it let us know :)

It is expensive. Then 10 and up is adult price. My 10yr doesn't eat 32 worth of eggs and waffles. I've done the breakfast and dinner. I think it's just the experience. You do have to catch the characters. They only stay outside for select times. It's hard if your sightseeing during the day. Considering I'm at Disney in Hawaii, I'm already expecting it to be expensive. We will be eating 1-2 meals a day in the room. That helped me justify the cost. I will say the dinner wasn't worth it. 50 plus dollars for 10 to eat. He mainly ate from the kids section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter