Character Breakfast vs Early Entry

DolphinBoy

Mouseketeer
I will be a first timer to WDW and was wondering what the best strategy was? When is the best time to book a character breakfast? I was hoping to have a character breakfast before the parks open, but with a different early entry every day, I don't think that is possible. Do the character breakfast and don't worry about it or do the early entry? One thought was to go to the early entry and then do a late breakfast around 10AM. Any comments/thoughts/strategies?

:confused: :confused:

I am a big fan of the early entry and would not do a Character Breakfast in its place. You can do so many other character meals that it seems a shame to give up the early admission.

We usually do a character breakfast on the day we leave WDW. Its a nice way to finish up the vacation.

HBC

We usually do a character breakfast on a day that we aren't going to the parks, or at least aren't going in the morning. Mornings are really the best times in the parks, as many people sleep in, or go to breakfast, since they are on vacation and may not want to get up quite so early.

We also enjoy some of the character lunches in the middle of the day... when it is hot, and we need a break.

I like doing a late character breakfast or early lcharacter unch inside the park after EE. My favorite is Donalds at MK. The place is so much fun. Breakfast or lunch at Crystal Palace is also very good. We also enjoyed our lunch at Hollywood and vine

The kids have something small to eat in the room before we head out. We love to do Early Entry then we have breakfast at 10:00AM. I have PS's at Crystal Palace at MK then on another day I have a PS for Donald's at AK both on EE days at 10:00am. :D

JennSaint-

We are doing the same thing. We are planning on a light snack type breakfast in the room then head for for EE. We have our breakfasts scheduled for 10:00 or after. We guessed that the parks would start getting busy about that time plus the girls would be ready for a break after 2 hours. This will also allow us to maybe skip lunch or have a lighter lunch.

Thanks. I have been debating this issue. I know we want to do the character breakfasts as the kids don't really eat at the lunch or dinners. They usually don't really like the selection of foods. A late breakfast might be just what we need!

We usually do one of two things when it comes to character breakfasts, depending on whether or not we are taking advantage of EE.

1) If we are going to a non EE park on a particular morning we will generally get first available seating for a character breakfast. This is usually around 7:30, and you can be done in time to get to the parks for a 9:00 opening.

2) If we are going to the EE park for the day, we will go directly to the park and them make reservations for a late seating at a character breakfast, usually between 10:30 and 11:00.

Both plans work quite well for us. We do try and do EE at each park once per trip. However, given our schedule and the itinerary we want to follow, we don't find ourselves at the EE park each and every morning.

We too love doing character breakfasts and usually schedule them on days we do not go to the park. We sleep in, schedule a later breakfast (9:30-10:30) and take our time and relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter