• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

characters at hotels?

jt42blue

Earning My Ears
hi everyone :wave:

i just wanted to ask a quick question. Do any of the disney characters visit the hotel lobby of the 3 disney hotels on-site? i was watcing the australian planning dvd and it shows you goofy :goofy: 'greeting' guests at the disneyhotel and a few other characters wondering around the grounds of the hotels. is this normal or just set up for the dvd?

thanks, melissa

Yes, Goofy is usually hanging around the lobby of the DL Hotel. Don't know much about any of the other hotels. :rolleyes:

I have stayed at all 3, but only the Grand Californian on my most recent trips, and have never seen any in the lobby. I wish there were, that would be really cool! But all I have seen have been in the character dining locations at each hotel's restaraunts. :teeth:

I stayed at the DLH on January 1st and saw Goofy walking around the lobby.

We stayed at PP on Oct. We didnt see any characters in the hotel.

The last time we were at the DLH there was a set time for Goofy to be in the lobby. Im not sure, but I think it was around 3pm...check in time? There were very few people around him and he was located at the front entrance near the elevators.

There is also a character that is outside of Goofy's Kitchen in the professional photographers area. If they arent too busy they dont mind you popping in and you can take your own picture.

Goofy was hanging out at DLH at about 3 last Sunday. He was sitting with a kid watching the TV in the lobby. He then went outside and goofed around with DH and I while we were waiting for our luggage. It was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter