Characters love rainbow MagicBands

I got the Pride MagicBand for my recently concluded visit. Not only did it spark a lot of fun conversation with other families in line/on the buses/etc., but nearly every character we met commented on it specifically.

Minnie took my hand and pointed out how each color in the band corresponded to a color on her 90th birthday dress.

Tiana pointed out the colors that corresponded to Mardi Gras and what those colors mean.

The highlight, though, was Scrooge McDuck. He kept shaking my wrist. I was confused what was happening and so was the character attendant. But then we figured it out. Since I had a rainbow on my wrist, there must be a pot of gold at the end. Scrooge wanted the pot of gold to add to his collection. When I told him there was no pot of gold, he was very disappointed that he couldn't go swimming in it. It was adorable.

If you're on the fence, buy that rainbow band!

Heading down in 2 weeks with my new pride band. I always enjoy engaging with the cast members and will see if it sparks any comments. I don't do any meet and greets but, will be having a few character breakfasts. I'll let you know if I have any interesting encounters.

The highlight, though, was Scrooge McDuck. He kept shaking my wrist. I was confused what was happening and so was the character attendant. But then we figured it out. Since I had a rainbow on my wrist, there must be a pot of gold at the end. Scrooge wanted the pot of gold to add to his collection. When I told him there was no pot of gold, he was very disappointed that he couldn't go swimming in it. It was adorable.

If you're on the fence, buy that rainbow band!

Ok, that is HILARIOUS, Scrooge! I'm glad you figured it out... I can't always interpret what the characters are 'saying' but that one is great! :rotfl2:

perhaps the reason rainbow MagicBands are so well received is that the human being inside the costume is family - when Disney got so much flak years ago for extending domestic partnerships to its LGBT employees Eisner defended the move with the knowledge of just what a large percentage of his employees he was protecting

perhaps the reason rainbow MagicBands are so well received is that the human being inside the costume is family - when Disney got so much flak years ago for extending domestic partnerships to its LGBT employees Eisner defended the move with the knowledge of just what a large percentage of his employees he was protecting

100% my thought as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!