Charge for FP? Please say it aint so!

That would sell like hotcakes.

I really hope they do this. If it follows MK's model and pricing, I would grab a reservation. I wonder how fast EMM reservations for SWGE would go?

Ha that is one of my reasons for being on here...to get any hint of a rumor as to when SWGE EMM will go on sale and if it will be available on 3/21/20 for our planned day at HS.

And along with the topic we would pay for extra FP+ if available. This is a once in a 5 year trip for my family so we want to be in line as little as possible.

Last edited:
Ha that is one of my reasons for being on here...to get any hint of a rumor as to when SWGE EMM will go on sale and if it will be available on 3/21/20 for our planned day at HS.

And along with the topic we would pay for extra FP+ if available. This is a once in a 5 year trip for my family so we want to be in line as little as possible.
And this is why we will continue to see ways to monetize Fast Passes. It really shouldn't be shocking. The demand is there!

(I doubt we would see any SWGE EMM until months after it opens to let the hype (and wait time horror stories) build up demand.

With wait times/popularity of FOP, I am surprised they haven't one at AK, but I guess the "Ultimate Nights of Aventure" tour is a way more expensive version of the EMM without a meal or unlimited rides. Feel like they could easily do a EMM for Pandora ... the demand would be there.

I am a season ticket holder for six flags and I'll just say sometimes you get what you pay for.
Apparently Disney wants to charge what they do, while giving you what you get from Six Flags. At least some posters seem to be for that.

But really, you are making my point. You pay far more at Disney, you should be able to expect far more too.

Every urban hotel I've stayed in over the last ten years charges for parking, some over $40 a night. Every entertainment venue charges for parking, even in the burbs. Even the county fair (where I live).

No resort hotel I've been to charges for parking. So I suppose in part it depends on where you think Disney should fall in that spectrum.

Apparently Disney wants to charge what they do, while giving you what you get from Six Flags. At least some posters seem to be for that.

But really, you are making my point. You pay far more at Disney, you should be able to expect far more too.

Disney doesn’t determine prices or value—consumers do. They do it through park attendance, hotel occupancy, dining reservations, merchandise purchases, satisfaction surveys and more. Doesn’t really matter if I don’t like the product or you don’t like the product...not if there are 3 others waiting to take our place.

Well well well ..

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...e-park-tickets-with-pre-selected-itineraries/

An interesting solution to buying last minute tickets to the Magic Kingdom. I wonder how that will affect FP availability for those attractions.

But .. seems like this could be a prelude/test to buying "predetermined" fast pass tickets.

What if they just ditched the whole concept of scheduling and just sell "predetermined" fast passes:
Want a "Dino" day at AK? Triceratops Spin, The mouse coaster and Dinosaur --- Free!
Want an immersive experience? FOP, Navi River Journey and Kilimanjaro Safari - $20/person
How about an "Asian" adventure? Everest, Kali River Rapids and Finding Nemo show - $5/person

Well well well ..

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...e-park-tickets-with-pre-selected-itineraries/

An interesting solution to buying last minute tickets to the Magic Kingdom. I wonder how that will affect FP availability for those attractions.

Impact will be virtually non-existent. Look at the attractions offered. They are all things which are readily available same-day at any theme park. It's nothing more than clever marketing. Anyone can get same-day FPs for the likes of Muppetvision 3D, Laugh Floor or POTC.

But .. seems like this could be a prelude/test to buying "predetermined" fast pass tickets.

I'd say that's wildly speculative.

Impact will be virtually non-existent. Look at the attractions offered. They are all things which are readily available same-day at any theme park. It's nothing more than clever marketing. Anyone can get same-day FPs for the likes of Muppetvision 3D, Laugh Floor or POTC.

Its also for the people who don't plan. People who arrive the same day to buy tickets and don't have fastpasses. This at least gives them something.

Yep .. that's fun to do!

But, just goes to show what they can do with the FP+ system .. give specific Fast passes linked to specific people (and specific tickets).

It shows how easily they COULD monetize fast passes.

Of course its not the standard at your $50 per night I4 hotel/motel. It is the industry standard on your higher end hotels like Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Omni, etc. You will either have a parking fee, resort fee, or both at most of hotels comparable to Disney hotels. When staying at these hotels I factor parking fees into the per night rate when comparing pricing. Depending on the spread between valet and self, I make a decision which I will do. Disney is not lying but they are not trying to compare themselves to a level far below there own.
On our upcoming trip we are also going to the beach a few nights. Our Daytona Hilton is charging $27 plus taxes per night for me to park my own car.

And a Resort Fee so you are getting the double hit that a lot of the higher end hotels are doing now.

I hate resort fees even more than parking fees as they aren't even vaguely optional. If you're going to break out a fee to use your Gym, Wi-Fi, and Shuttle, then those of us who never use them should be able to opt out. Its like how most cable companies have a separate fee for "Regional Sports Networks," but you can't just drop them and not pay the fee.

I stayed at Portofino at Universal last week, Express Pass was awesome! We paid $292 a night. To pay for Express Pass for both parks, it would have been $198 for two. So only made sense to stay there and get it included.

Interesting. It makes me think how the FP vs. Express Pass will further be a tool of manipulation (or perhaps it already is).

I stayed at Portofino at Universal last week, Express Pass was awesome! We paid $292 a night. To pay for Express Pass for both parks, it would have been $198 for two. So only made sense to stay there and get it included.

I stayed at Hard Rock and thought the exact same thing. It's a huge benefit to staying at the hotels that have free EP.

My thoughts on Disney charging for FP is that I'd be fine with it if it was unlimited like Universal. So if I want to go on 7 Dwarfs 10 times in a row, then so be it. That's the only way it makes the charge worth it. If it's just the same FP system as now, then no way I'd pay that. I would rope drop, take an afternoon break when crowds are high and then back at closing.

Have you been to a Six Flags lately? All I heard all day from guests around me was complaints that its not how Disney is and how they would rather spend the money on Disney.

-No upkeep on the parks at all. It just opened up that weekend yet looked like nothing had been done all off season.
-Employees all had crappy attitudes and were just there for the paycheck.
-Sold us ice cream but ran out of spoons. Told to find one at another stand. Went to 3 stands and none had spoons and no one felt the need to help. Son just licked what he could in the cup and threw it away.
-Rides severely understaffed during a packed spring break. Some times just ride operator was the only one leaving terrible launch times.
-No one directing guest to loading spots so cars were not running full yet waits were routinely over an hour.
-Wait times on app were never close to correct almost like it was never updating. at least 30 minutes more than listed on every ride.
-Bathrooms were about the level of a turnpike pit stop. Strong urine smell in every one.

Last edited:
Just because everyone else does it doesnt mean you have to. Leaders in an industry set the tone and do things differently than everyone else. Could I see them offering additional FPs for purchase based on where you stay? Absolutely. But, I cant see them doing away with the 3 free per day.

Just because everyone else does it doesnt mean you have to. Leaders in an industry set the tone and do things differently than everyone else. Could I see them offering additional FPs for purchase based on where you stay? Absolutely. But, I cant see them doing away with the 3 free per day.
My understanding of the system is there is only so many fast passes they can offer per day per attraction though or the whole system crumbles and the fast pass line becomes longer than the standby line. Due to the scheduled nature of Fast Passes, they are able to somewhat control the flow. If they started selling "anytime" "express" fast passes, the system could crumble as too many people show up to an attraction during peak times. If they started selling more 4th, 5th or 6th fast passes (like they do with club level guests), the system could be over burdened.

I think the problem with offering additional Fast Passes for purchase is that they would have to offer less fast passes for free. The reason other parks "express pass" system works is because they don't have a free system so those who pay for the express pass know they are getting something special and truly getting "no line"

So then it becomes the whole parking fiasco again - charging for something that used to be free without getting any added value.

Have you been to a Six Flags lately? All I heard all day from guests around me was complaints that its not how Disney is and how they would rather spend the money on Disney.

-No upkeep on the parks at all. It just opened up that weekend yet looked like nothing had been done all off season.
-Employees all had crappy attitudes and were just there for the paycheck.
-Sold us ice cream but ran out of spoons. Told to find one at another stand. Went to 3 stands and none had spoons and no one felt the need to help. Son just licked what he could in the cup and threw it away.
-Rides severely understaffed during a packed spring break. Some times just ride operator was the only one leaving terrible launch times.
-No one directing guest to loading spots so cars were not running full yet waits were routinely over an hour.
-Wait times on app were never close to correct almost like it was never updating. at least 30 minutes more than listed on every ride.
-Bathrooms were about the level of a turnpike pit stop. Strong urine smell in every one.

That is nothing close to the experience of my local Six Flags. Im guessing its a management thing.

I am at Six Flags Great America about 6 times a year as a season pass holder for the past 5 years and I have NEVER heard this comment.
The park is just as clean at my 2015 trip to WDW
Have never had spoon issues
Our Six Flags isnt open yet during Spring Break season so shrug...however when High School and College is still in session I would agree that they need more people working especially the food
We have single rider lines on 3 different rides but only 1 of them are a top tier ride. 2 different top tier rides that do not have a single rider that would greatly benefit from having one.
The wait times on the WDW app were never close to correct for my 2015 trip...the 2 non official apps were much closer in estimated waits.
The WDW app never updated that Dinosaur was down for hours but it kept going from 15min to 55min making us think it had reopened when it didnt.
The SFGA bathrooms have an attendant in every single one constantly spraying something down, tossing trash out or mopping the floor.

That is nothing close to the experience of my local Six Flags. Im guessing its a management thing.

I am at Six Flags Great America about 6 times a year as a season pass holder for the past 5 years and I have NEVER heard this comment.
The park is just as clean at my 2015 trip to WDW
Have never had spoon issues
Our Six Flags isnt open yet during Spring Break season so shrug...however when High School and College is still in session I would agree that they need more people working especially the food
We have single rider lines on 3 different rides but only 1 of them are a top tier ride. 2 different top tier rides that do not have a single rider that would greatly benefit from having one.
The wait times on the WDW app were never close to correct for my 2015 trip...the 2 non official apps were much closer in estimated waits.
The WDW app never updated that Dinosaur was down for hours but it kept going from 15min to 55min making us think it had reopened when it didnt.
The SFGA bathrooms have an attendant in every single one constantly spraying something down, tossing trash out or mopping the floor.

Glad to hear SFGA is at a better level. My experience was with Over Texas which you would think they would have more pride in since its the original park. Going to Fiesta Texas next month to ride the new Wonder Woman coaster. We shall see how they are doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!