Chatter on other sites - no travel agency discounts for next year?

Who uses a TA? Disney is easy to just get codes for and plan it yourself. We have gotten 20% off or free dining every time we go. We always take the room discount. Planning a Disney vacation is easy. I never understood the need for an agent.

The Contemporary has been crazy expensive. Staying Garden Wing in July with AP discount for the same cost as Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level. I certainly agree with folks on other threads that Disney is getting overpriced. 😠

Who uses a TA? Disney is easy to just get codes for and plan it yourself. We have gotten 20% off or free dining every time we go. We always take the room discount. Planning a Disney vacation is easy. I never understood the need for an agent.
These discounts were great!! At least 40% and discounted tickets. I've stayed at Beach Club and Polynesian for about $215.00 a night.

I will never book with a TA unless I am getting some type of deal, I just do it all myself and I know the ins and outs already.
And I am using Dreams for their OBC for my cruise next year. They are the only TA I have found that will include the taxes and fees toward your OBC. Impressive.

they got me 40% off at Beach Club thanksgiving week 2017. The good old days...
Right. Those are the good old days. They will return. When the economy tanks again, and it will, those rates will return. But, and this is a big but, when the room rates have risen so astronomically, from the ridiculous rates they are today, what good will 40% be then?

When the agent gets me 55% off the contemporary I book with them.

Yeah like people who don’t go through these agencies have no idea lol. We got an insane rate for the Poly in 2018 through ours. This year it’s extremely slim pickings for dates and my Disney AP discount is what she applied. The change with ticketing was a non issue since AP + my gf is a Canadian resident and got in on that ticketing deal. It’s looking kinda ominous though for the future, I hope this isn’t the new normal.

Yeah like people who don’t go through these agencies have no idea lol. We got an insane rate for the Poly in 2018 through ours. This year it’s extremely slim pickings for dates and my Disney AP discount is what she applied. The change with ticketing was a non issue since AP + my gf is a Canadian resident and got in on that ticketing deal. It’s looking kinda ominous though for the future, I hope this isn’t the new normal.

We are discussing going back May 2021 instead of 2022 as we had planned. I have tickets in my account that don’t expire until 2030. I feel like I should hold on to them until I can’t afford tickets anymore lol. We have been priced out of APs.

Any discount an agent can get. The general public can get. Just have to know how.

With all due respect, this simply isn’t true. What we’re talking about aren’t “discounts” in the traditional sense. These are specific group rate contracts negotiated with Disney by a small handful of travel agencies.

The reason everyone who actually knows about this is dancing around it in this thread is due to the fact that Dreams is not one of those agencies, and thus more direct talk would be against the rules of these boards.

The discounts will come back when a recession returns, that is a given. But will people and myself afford to return then? And is 40-50% off really that great off a $895 room during a recession?

I've been using my TA for a few years and always compare to the WDW prices/specials and they always come in with a better deal. Can I always take advantage of the TA dates or want their now very limited hotel offerings (as of this year)...no. That said, I DID get a discount over the WDW 25% room rate so yes...I am going with the TA. I have a room at Contemporary for $500 less than WDW package rate. That is airfare right there my friends!!:jumping1:

LOL.... 20%. You aren't seeing half of what some agencies can get through their convention rate program. And no, you don't have to go to a convention to participate. They just negotiate the rate using that Disney discount program. General Public can't do that. If you can fit in the tight parameters for those trips, you get WAY more than 20% off. And free dining too, in a few cases.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter