Chatter on other sites - no travel agency discounts for next year?

Right. Those are the good old days. They will return. When the economy tanks again, and it will, those rates will return. But, and this is a big but, when the room rates have risen so astronomically, from the ridiculous rates they are today, what good will 40% be then?
Hopefully the economy doesn’t tank. I’d rather have a good economy and pay more. A lot of people suffered during the housing crash.

Hopefully the economy doesn’t tank. I’d rather have a good economy and pay more. A lot of people suffered during the housing crash.
Right, I totally agree. But at some point it will. That is just the laws of economics. How bad could be the question.

The longer it takes for a recession, the worse it is. Propping up an economy is never good long term.

There is one for early August at the Poly...I haven't priced out August because I am going in July. Although it may be in the $500 per night range judging from my own rates but I don't know for sure. Best way to find out is to get a quote. :surfweb:

There is one for early August at the Poly...I haven't priced out August because I am going in July. Although it may be in the $500 per night range judging from my own rates but I don't know for sure. Best way to find out is to get a quote. :surfweb:
$500 per night, I would pass on that. I will give the Poly a try at some point, even if it is for only one night with renting points. That right now is the cheapest route I see going.

$500 per night, I would pass on that. I will give the Poly a try at some point, even if it is for only one night with renting points. That right now is the cheapest route I see going.
AP rates on standard rooms can be very reasonable. Less than $500 for sure.

Ya, I guess if you have an AP. I was thinking about renting one night at the Poly next year for the night before our cruise. Either there or OKW. I think I won't have any issues doing so. If I can get the points from someone for around $17 a point, that will be around $325 for that night. Not really sure how well I will like the Poly in terms of being a registered guest there. It is so much of an "extension" of the MK. We will see when we give it a try I guess, when ever that will be.

Ya, I guess if you have an AP. I was thinking about renting one night at the Poly next year for the night before our cruise. Either there or OKW. I think I won't have any issues doing so. If I can get the points from someone for around $17 a point, that will be around $325 for that night. Not really sure how well I will like the Poly in terms of being a registered guest there. It is so much of an "extension" of the MK. We will see when we give it a try I guess, when ever that will be.
I thought all DVC get an AP. They offer them at such a discount for DVC members. One of the reasons we even considered buying in. We use CL too much so it was not for us but that AP discount is nice.

I thought all DVC get an AP. They offer them at such a discount for DVC members. One of the reasons we even considered buying in. We use CL too much so it was not for us but that AP discount is nice.
I don't own DVC any more. I sold my 40 point contract last year. Nice profit I made on it. Bought for $97 a point, sold it for $115 a point. It was resale anyways. (even though they gave me a blue card I still have, lol) You must buy direct to get the AP discount.

I don’t think it’s possible to get a standard room at the Poly for under $500 with the current AP rate of 20%. Rack rates for standard rooms from April to July seem to range in the mid 500’s to $700. Once you take off the discount then add on the tax, the cheapest room I can find is $500 per night.

Actually...my price for the contemporary is $488.25 per night including deluxe dining for the contemporary in July. I was quoted the poly at the end of July would be an additional $90 per night again including deluxe dining (for 3 adults). Just subtract the adult deluxe dining daily price and that’s my room night I’m just not where I can do this right now. So I do feel the poly could come in under $500 with the TA.

Actually...my price for the contemporary is $488.25 per night including deluxe dining for the contemporary in July. I was quoted the poly at the end of July would be an additional $90 per night again including deluxe dining (for 3 adults). Just subtract the adult deluxe dining daily price and that’s my room night I’m just not where I can do this right now. So I do feel the poly could come in under $500 with the TA.
So the Poly was $578.25 per night minus one deluxe dining per night off that total? If so, that makes sense if it works out to about $459 per night. I feel like the agency exclusives offer the same or very close discount as an AP, but the extra discount seems to suggest they are eating the tax.

Oh. Ok. That’s good to know. I’d like to know about the Poly rates too. :)
I got a price for Labor Day Special from a travel agency it was the one that in the past has great deals and they were only offering two deluxe resorts and for 7 nights the Contemporary standard was 2,740.60 and the Yacht Club standard was 2,693.35 and the theme park tickets are no longer discounted.

So the Poly was $578.25 per night minus one deluxe dining per night off that total? If so, that makes sense if it works out to about $459 per night. I feel like the agency exclusives offer the same or very close discount as an AP, but the extra discount seems to suggest they are eating the tax.
It would be deluxe dining x 3 adults

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter