Cheap disney items to buy ahead of time?

If you have a 5 below store near you, they often have a large selection of disney themed toys, coloring supplies and books.

There's one in Baton Rouge. I'll check it out next time I'm out that way!

Walgreens! They had the Mickey bubble wands for $7 and honestly looked way better than the ones they sold in the park.
Is this the kind that sprays the bubbles out so you don't have to blow them?

Party city has some reasonable priced stuff in Dusney theme including lanyards.
Went to toys r us this weekend to use up gift cards.not much on sale and probably in line 45 minutes to check out. We will not be back to ToysRUs

I didn't think about lanyards...but that makes me think about trading pins. I'll have to ask their parents if they want them to do that or not.

Thanks everyone for the ideas!

I agree with Dollar Tree and Target for cheap Disney-themed things. We just got some Disney puzzles at Dollar Tree; obviously not great for park use, but nice for downtime at the hotel, or for restaurants while waiting for food. We will sometimes put a 50ish piece puzzle in a ziplock sandwich bag, and break it out when we're waiting for our order.

Last trip we took Disney Themed sandwich boxes from the Dollar Store. I love them because they're fairly compact, but do a good job of keeping food from getting squished. We made some PB and J in the morning at the hotel, and the kids happily ate them for a major cost savings over park food.

I think Disney sunglasses would be a good choice as well.

When you get to Disney you should collect Pressed Penny’s instead of merchandise because the penny’s cost around 51 cents

Party City has lanyards for a dollar, notebook and pens for a dollar. They also have cheap Disney baseball caps and cool glowsticks.

When you get to Orlando there is a Disney Outlet store called the Disney Character Warehouse.
The Disney Character warehouse is definitely a great idea for discount/off season authentically Disney gear. However, you'll need a car to get there, and OP can't have it all 'ready to go' prior to the trip.

If the kids might be "into" pin trading, this is a great spot to get authentic trading pins at a good price (many of the cheap ones you'll find in ebay lots are fakes).

Disneystore.com website clearance items, sometimes there are coupons and other discounts.
Visa card member discount when you spend over $50, usually free shipping over $75.

Tsum Tsums can usually be found on clearance.

I think Disney sunglasses would be a good choice as well.

Y'all let me know if you see any Mickey sunglasses anywhere. I may just buy dollar tree ones and put mickey head stickers on them.

When you get to Disney you should collect Pressed Penny’s instead of merchandise because the penny’s cost around 51 cents

This was one of my daughter's favorite things to do at Disney.

When you get to Orlando there is a Disney Outlet store called the Disney Character Warehouse.

There's actually two in town and I always try to hit at least one of them.

Party City has lanyards for a dollar, notebook and pens for a dollar. They also have cheap Disney baseball caps and cool glowsticks.

There is a Party City across from Target and Five Below, I'll have to check them all out when I get to BR.

If the kids might be "into" pin trading, this is a great spot to get authentic trading pins at a good price (many of the cheap ones you'll find in ebay lots are fakes).

My daughter has a collection and I'm hoping she'll part with some of hers to start one for the boys. She stopped trading the last couple of trips.

Disneystore.com website clearance items, sometimes there are coupons and other discounts.
Visa card member discount when you spend over $50, usually free shipping over $75.
Tsum Tsums can usually be found on clearance.
Thanks!

Try the after Easter clearance. I don't know what's in Target's basket stuffer section this year, but I've gotten the tiny princess dolls there in the past for $1-$2. I haven't looked for little boy things in ages so I don't have concrete items for them, but that section might be quite helpful.

And not Disney-themed, but good for treats...
* glow sticks (just got a tube of 100+ for $1.50 on St. Patrick's Day clearance)
* individually wrapped snacks, like Rice Krispie treats or fruit snacks
* Pez dispensers
* Playing cards (we played Uno in a particularly long line with another random family one year -- very fun!)

I just got my boys each a mickey play pack grab & go and a boy of mickey zip locks from the Dollar General.

I posted a picture on my pre-trip report if anyone is interested in seeing what I got.

I'm having trouble picturing this. How did you play uno in line? I mean, the line keeps moving right?!?

Sounds strange, yes, but it actually worked great. Each person of course held his/her hand of cards. And one person held the draw pile; I guess someone also held the discard in addition to his/her cards. I think the pile holders must have switched around, or maybe one person didn't play. I don't actually remember that detail. But it was a very slow-moving line at Space Mountain at Disneyland so we could play a few cards, move, play a few more, etc.

I can't take credit for the idea, though. It was a different family in line who played a game and then invited my son and I to join them. Made a very long, hot, and slow-moving line into a fun way to meet some new people.

Sounds strange, yes, but it actually worked great. Each person of course held his/her hand of cards. And one person held the draw pile; I guess someone also held the discard in addition to his/her cards. I think the pile holders must have switched around, or maybe one person didn't play. I don't actually remember that detail. But it was a very slow-moving line at Space Mountain at Disneyland so we could play a few cards, move, play a few more, etc.

I can't take credit for the idea, though. It was a different family in line who played a game and then invited my son and I to join them. Made a very long, hot, and slow-moving line into a fun way to meet some new people.

Interesting. I can totally see doing this with my husband and daughter. I'm not sure if the boys will be old enough to pull this off, but we just might try it anyway. Thanks for the tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter