• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheap Groceries??

sjedelen

Earning My Ears
Am flying into Orlando and renting a car to Boardwalk Villas and was wanting to stop and get groceries. Where is a store with reasonable prices. Directions would be very helpful. Thanks.:bounce:

There is a Super Walmart in Kissimme .... It is really easy to get to. It is on 192, but not right in the heart of things on 192 you have to go past that. There is also a Publix and Goodings. We went into all 3 and of them all Walmart was the cheapest and Goodings the most expensive but nicest!

We also like Publix as it's a bit closer. But the Super WalMart has the best prices, plus lots of other things that you may need that a regular 'grocery store' might not have.

I would suggest printing out directions from MapQuest or something (from the airport or your hotel).

But here's the information:

Super Walmart (OPEN 24 HOURS)
4444 West Vine
Kissimmee, FL 34746 (407) 397-7000

It's about 12 miles away from the Boardwalk Villas. ;)

I don't know if it's that I live in the west,But,
I was so Shocked that at Publix they packaged all the fruit!!
You couldn't pick the amount you wanted to buy! When I go to the Grocery store here, I can pick the amount and the ripeness of the grapes or apples. If I want 7 apples,I can pick out the 7 Apples myself, Not have to buy a pkg of 4 and a pkg of 5, of prepackaged Apples,yecky!! Plus they were so expense!!

I wasn't impressed with Publix.

There is a place that we go to that has a grocery store and a liquer store right next door. We don't drink a lot, but like to have a drink before dinner and it's cheaper to buy a bottle and mixer than to purchase it at the bar!

Thanks!

Lori

6/1997 Off site, 2/2000 Off site, 2/2001 Poly, 10/2001 POFQ, AKL & Magic, 1/2002 ASMo & AKL

Eller ..... Super Walmart stands alone I didn't notice any liquor stores nearby, but then again I wasn't really looking either

Melissa

Maciec: Thanks for the reply! That's too bad. The "limo's" only allow one twenty minute stop. We have to go somewhere that has both.

Lori

6/1997 Off site, 2/2000 Off site, 2/2001 Poly, 10/2001 POFQ, AKL & Magic, 1/2002 ASMo & AKL

eller .... Goodings didn't have liquor, but it definitely had wine and I think beer. They are definitely more expensive than Publix and Walmart, but it may be worth a try. Oh and I forgot about the Win-Dixie that just opened a little bit further down from Goodings. I don't know what their prices are or even if they have alcohol. They just opened this past Thursday. Your driver may be able to help you pick a place that would suit your needs. Especially since they know the area. Good Luck!

Everyone always has such wonderful suggestions! Thank you!

In October we stopped someplace, when DH calls I'll ask him where that was. He was driving and I don't pay attention, but there was someplace on the way from the airport that had both. In our trip last February, we when without and it cost us a forture at the pool bar!

Lori

I don't think that there are any reasonable prices, with the exception of Wal-mart, anywhere around WDW!!!! For convenience sake, we just pay the extra, grin and bear it. Even with the outrageous prices of both Goodings and Publix, it still beats paying those WDW prices. Have a great time!!!!

There is a liquor store in the same strip mall that Publix is located at. Beer and wine and mixers can be bought in Publix but liquor has to bought at the liquor store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter