Cheapest Off-Site Rental w/ Kitchen

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
The title really says it all :) But what is the least expensive off-site rental you have come across, that includes a full kitchen? A studio set up would be okay, but 2 bedroom would be ideal. We're fine with a single bathroom.

Last edited:
How many bedrooms do you want? We never stay at a place with less than 3 bedrooms, 4 is really ideal for us...we've got a family of 5...and 2 bath minimum. We usually find places fitting our needs for $70-$85/night before taxes. Remember, when you stay offsite, you have to add in a cleaning fee too, which is usually $80-$100.

How many bedrooms do you want? We never stay at a place with less than 3 bedrooms, 4 is really ideal for us...we've got a family of 5...and 2 bath minimum. We usually find places fitting our needs for $70-$85/night before taxes. Remember, when you stay offsite, you have to add in a cleaning fee too, which is usually $80-$100.

Oh, right. 2 bedrooms, 1 bath is fine for us. Where do you normally stay?

I would also ask if you have a target budget. The absolute cheapest ones, I would never stay at. I would suggest asking "Nicest for under {$100/90/80} per night". There are some very seedy, very inexpensive lodging in Greater Orlando that I would not wish on anyone.

Oh, right. 2 bedrooms, 1 bath is fine for us. Where do you normally stay?

We've stayed literally all up and down Rt. 192, on both sides (east and west) of WDW. Just a few examples are Vista Del Lago, Royal Palm Bay, we're staying at Regal Palms Resort in a few weeks. In the past, we've stayed at Star Island, Sheraton Vistana Villages, etc... We have yet to come across a place we didn't find acceptable for our family. Some are a bit nicer than others, but none were "bad". We liked Vista Del Lago, it was a single family home, basically a double wide mobile home. Had a carport which was great. Plenty of space for the family, several pools, etc...

We've never stayed at Windsor Hills. We looked into it, based on so many people preaching about it here. It didn't seem bad at all, but it didn't blow my socks off. So we still go with the best value we can find, regardless of where it is...we just want to be right off 192 somewhere.

Our least expensive was using Skyauction. 4 years ago we got a 2 bed/2 bath at Sheraton Vistana for $420. This past August we got a 3 bedroom/3 bath at Silver Lake for $540. That was really a one bedroom unit and a two bedroom unit with a shared entryway so there was two kitchens/living rooms/ 3 beds/3 baths.

I liked Vistana much better, but you have to be really flexible on dates to see that kind of price these days. Silver Lake was absolutely fine, just not as nice as Vistana and didn’t have the amenities. It was however the perfect location for offsite shopping and restaurants and ridiculously close to Disney property. I think it took us 4 minutes from our parking lot to Animal Kingdom parking lot. I would stay again for a budget trip. The space was awesome.

Polynesian Isles located near Highway 192 and State Route 535 is a great option. We've stayed there this past May and loved the place so much we're going back next weekend for another week. They have 1 and 2 bedroom units at this resort. We had a 2 bedroom unit with the master having a king size bed and the 2nd bedroom having 2 twin size beds. The couch also served as a pull out if needed. This unit had a nice 50" flat screen in the living room, dining room table with seating for 6, a kitchen with everything you needed and a nice washer/dryer combo in room. We had a great deal and paid only $452 for everything for the entire week. Keep in mind we use these Dream Vacation Week certificates as to why we get such cheap deals. But the regular prices for these units typically run under $150 a night which when you think about it is a really good deal. We love this place but it's centrally located to everything. 10 minutes from Disney Springs, 10 minutes to Epcot/HS/AK and 15 minutes to MK.

Have you ever used skyauction?

No, I've never heard of them.

I would also ask if you have a target budget. The absolute cheapest ones, I would never stay at. I would suggest asking "Nicest for under {$100/90/80} per night". There are some very seedy, very inexpensive lodging in Greater Orlando that I would not wish on anyone.

Good point. I would say in the $100 or less per night range.

I just looked them up, WOW. Looks like some great deals. There's a 7 night stay ending in 2 hours for only $1! There's a $249 processing fee, but... $250 for a week is a pretty awesome deal.
Skyauction is a great source for some very good resorts at bargain prices. Be sure to check the dates and other terms however. Many listings will have a surcharge listed for better dates. It is still a very good deal if there is a $250 surcharge as you are still under $500 for a one week stay. $100 a night is actually a very healthy budget for Disney (anywhere but on Disney property). Deals are available on some of the best timeshare resorts under that price. Look for Sheraton, Marriott or Hilton to come up on SkyAuction or other selloff sites. Wyndham or HIVC resorts are one step down in quality and are often available at those price points too. What approximate dates are you looking for? Prime weeks or shoulder dates makes a big difference in price.

The cheapest deals I've found are through SkyAuction.

As for standard rentals, we've gotten a 3-bedroom townhouse for under $70/night on VRBO. That was in Crestwynd Bay which is the development adjacent to Windsor Hills. Next month, we're staying in a 3-bedroom condo in Windsor Palms and paying $75/night (plus tax and fees).

I just looked them up, WOW. Looks like some great deals. There's a 7 night stay ending in 2 hours for only $1! There's a $249 processing fee, but... $250 for a week is a pretty awesome deal.
Yes, we use them all the time! Normally in the WDW area we get 1 or 2 bedroom resort units (full kitchens) for around $300 all in for 7 nights. Ya just have to carefully read all of the terms, surcharges, etc. We never go for the units which have surcharges for certain dates...keep looking on there, you'll likely find something great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts