• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cheapest transportation to Universal

luvs2plan

Earning My Ears
Our 2 kids, 18 & 20 want to go to Islands of Adventure with another family we know that will be there at the same time we are. The other family is renting a car and staying offsite. We are not as we will be onsite. What would be the cheapest way to get them to IOA? If we did rent a car for a day would they let the 20 yr old drive? Is it worth it for them to even go? My dd loves Spiderman and wants souvenirs and thinks it sounds fun.

ABSOLUTELY.....worth it to go..........the "cheapest" way..to go would be to use Mears.........www.mears.com $12 per person round trip....the "coolest" way to go would be with their friends or via towncar...(more expensive)....several to choose from........
Regardless of their transportation....again...I reiterate...ABSOLUTELY worth it for them to go:bounce: :bounce:

We just got back and used Mears for our trip to Sea World. I called the day before we wanted to go. They asked what time we wanted to be picked up...8:05am, 9:05am (not sure how many morning pickups they have, I stopped her after the 9:05 and told her we wanted the 8:05 pick up. The bus arrived. There was another couple from ASMu going. We had to stop at ASMo to pick up several others, then we were off. They gave us a card with the phone number to call for our return time. We could have scheduled it then, but I wasn't sure when we would be done, so I called, two hours before the time we wanted to be picked up, and they were there, pretty close to the time. Again, there weren't too many on the bus going back. As jinny said, it cost $12 pp, roundtrip. The towncar companies charge at least $45. Oh, about the rental...I don't think the company will let a 20 year old drive the car.

Originally posted by Dopey Sharon
...(snip)... Oh, about the rental...I don't think the company will let a 20 year old drive the car.

Those that do allow the 20 year old to drive will charge so much for the priviledge that renting a car for the day will not be economical. Go with Mears. Maybe the friends will bring them back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter