Check In Line

Disney Campers

DIS Veteran
On our way out of the Fort about 12:15 or so, we saw the longest check in line ever, they were lined out in the street waiting to turn in Fort Wilderness, I guess the wait is worth it though :D :D

If I see the line is going to be fairly long I park in the lot and walk inside. Usually saves some time:)

I really don't understand why it takes so long to check in. I understand the 1st time people and their questions but we have gone so often that we never let the CM do there welcome and orientation speech and it still takes 5-10 min. We have made reservations and given all info and even paid the bill in advance and the Cm still have to do all sorts of things with the computer. It seems like it should be just a couple of entries and away you go in a couple of min.

I usually walk into the Reception Outpost after parking. I've never found long lines when I've done that.

We usually have to go inside because the out side lines are not manned. We normily arive at 8-9 AM But, this last trip we booked at 12:30PM and got there at 4 PM and the guard at the shack made us drive around to the parking lot because we were not on the list. The lines outside were not bad at all (only 2 vehicles in line) but the cabin check in inside was still in full swing and was very crowded. We just parked at the front of the building and I waited in the car while the DW and DD went inside. The people at the front desk said they had no idea why the guard would not let us get in the outside line. I guess because of 9/11 they did not want anyone not on the expected list in an RV or towing a trailer to get in line right by the front desk. But no one came and asked us to move away from the building so that strategy is not working. It just made our checkin time about 5 times longer than it would have been in the outside line.

If you are arriving with trailer in tow, do you HAVE to go to the outside lines or can I just go inside? I've never done it that way before! :)

You can do it either way. However, If you are pulling a trailer and go to the parking lot you will most likely have to park WAY out as all the close parking spots are not pull through and are usually full anyway. So, you will have a long walk to the front desk and back. It depends on what time you are trying to check in whether or not it is advantageous to go inside. Check in for the cabins is at 3PM so inside is pretty busy from about 2PM until 5PM. Check in time for the campsites is 1PM so outside is busy from about 10AM until 3PM. Monday through Thursday seem to be the best days for smaller crowds. Early am seems to be the best time no matter what day. You also stand a better chance of being able to change to a better site if you arrive early. Just be prepared for them to tell you that there is nothing available right now and you must check back later. They will go ahead and do the paperwork and give you your campground card keys so you can go into the campground and walk around or do whatever. You will have to leave your camping rig in the parking lot. But you can catch a bus and go anywhere you want. Just keep checking back with the front desk with the white in house phones at all the common areas, (stores, comfort stations, pool) We probably make pest out of ourselves but we usually get a campsite by 10 AM. We have even walked around and found a cleaned and empty site and called back and told them we want this site. Sometimes it works sometime it doesn't. But one thing is for sure if you arrive late in the day and they are sold-out you get whatever is left and there not much the CMs can do until the next day. With most rigs you really don't want to have to tear down camp after you get setup. But really don't sweat the small stuff. If you are going to be there several days just go with the flow and enjoy. A lot of our trips are just for the weekend so we try to squeeze every second out of it. When we go for our 1 or 2 week trips we just take it easy. We have yet to have a bad trip even when it rained for 10 days in a row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter