Check-in Questions

kathy040690

Mouseketeer
Have a couple of questions..

1. looking at staying at either AoA (suite) OR ASM (family suite). When we check in what kind of hold do they put on your credit card?
2. Do all guests on our reservation need ID or just the adults?

thought i had more questions !!

thanks for any help

Have a couple of questions..

1. looking at staying at either AoA (suite) OR ASM (family suite). When we check in what kind of hold do they put on your credit card?
2. Do all guests on our reservation need ID or just the adults?

thought i had more questions !!

thanks for any help

1. I think they don't put a "hold" on your credit card. Your payment is due on check-in. Then, if you want to be able to make charges back to your room reservation, there is a limit on how much can accumulate before you have to reset. I want to say it's $500; $1000; and $1500 (value; moderate; deluxe). That might be wrong. (And I might not have explained it very well.)

2. Only the person checking in needs to show ID. I've never had them ask to see my DH's or adult DD's identification.

If you are using a debit card they do put a hold on the card and there is a daily amount but off hand I can't remember how much it was per day. I usually prefer to use a credit card upon check in for that reason.

When we went in 2015, we did the online check in and neither of us were asked for ID. We didn't even have to go to the front desk. We received a text that our room was ready and so we went directly to the room and used our MB to enter.

If you are using a debit card they do put a hold on the card and there is a daily amount but off hand I can't remember how much it was per day. I usually prefer to use a credit card upon check in for that reason.

When we went in 2015, we did the online check in and neither of us were asked for ID. We didn't even have to go to the front desk. We received a text that our room was ready and so we went directly to the room and used our MB to enter.

Have to say that for our last 22 trips we have never had a hold put on ours.

No holds for credit cards, at $500 in room charges they will automatically process it to reset it (at values). $1000 for mods, and 1500 for deluxes.

We don't use credit cards, only debit. They've never placed a hold on our accounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!