Checking for discounts, what to look for?

Raya

DIS Veteran
I've searched the threads here, and found that people book early (a year in advance) and then keep checking in case discounts are released. I'm about to book 5 nights at Portofino Bay for $349 a night. What would I see if a discount came up? Would it be a percentage off offer or a new package? Right now my rate is listed as "Be a Savvy Traveler".

If you have an American Express Credit Card...the promo code: AMEXUNI use to give you like $100 off a vacation package. I'm not sure if its valid any more though. Good Luck.

I've searched the threads here, and found that people book early (a year in advance) and then keep checking in case discounts are released. I'm about to book 5 nights at Portofino Bay for $349 a night. What would I see if a discount came up? Would it be a percentage off offer or a new package? Right now my rate is listed as "Be a Savvy Traveler".
If you've booked savvy traveler rate, about the only thing that might be better is an annual passholder rate, in my experience. And often those are hit or miss.

Keep checking back for discounts. I never book packages so I can’t comment on those (in the past, they were rarely worth it) for Room Only if you find a better rate book it and then cancel your current reservation. There isn’t a problem having two reservations for the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter