Checking in at the port

Alicatt

DIS Veteran
So now that my cruise is near, I am worried that I am going to forget something. To check in at the port you need your ID (passport or state birth certificate and drivers license for a closed loop. No DL for kids under 16) and.....?
Is there anything else I have to bring to board?

Don't forget your cruise documents. You print them off on line and sign them. I would have birth certificates for kids if you don't have passports for them.

So now that my cruise is near, I am worried that I am going to forget something. To check in at the port you need your ID (passport or state birth certificate and drivers license for a closed loop. No DL for kids under 16) and.....?
Is there anything else I have to bring to board?

You can print your Port Arrival Form which makes your terminal check in a bit faster as all signatures are already set as well as your Onboard account.

In a carry on bag keep your ID, passports/birth certificates, cruise docs, medication, any wine or beer you are bringing on board, valuables such as electronics, camera etc.
Perhaps bathing suits, coverups, sunscreen etc in case you want to swim.
Children under 16 are not required to bring a license to go with their birth certificates. 16 and up need to bring Drivers license or ID.

Have a great cruise!

Youll want to make sure your bags have the luggage tags on them so you arent stuck carrying all your luggage until your room is ready.

Don't forget your cruise documents. You print them off on line and sign them. I would have birth certificates for kids if you don't have passports for them.

Where do you print off the cruise documents? The only thing I saw to print when checking in online was the port arrival form.

Thanks

Where do you print off the cruise documents? The only thing I saw to print when checking in online was the port arrival form.

Thanks

I think you have to be paid in full to print your cruise documents and luggage tags.

Thanks

When you do online check in, the form is part of the process you step through. I think it is right after you give your credit card info for onboard expenses. If you follow the check in process you should come upon the form to print.

When you do online check in, the form is part of the process you step through. I think it is right after you give your credit card info for onboard expenses. If you follow the check in process you should come upon the form to print.

I never gave a credit card for onboard expenses either. When I go back into my account it says online check in complete?

I never gave a credit card for onboard expenses either. When I go back into my account it says online check in complete?

Sounds like part of the steps got bypassed. When you go into your reservation you should be able to go back through the steps to pick up a couple missed. Wished I could show you a screen shot. But I don't check in till August. I know a few years ago I was having trouble getting everything to process. Worse comes to worse you will just have to do all that at the terminal. Not the end of the world. Just more time consuming.

Sounds like part of the steps got bypassed. When you go into your reservation you should be able to go back through the steps to pick up a couple missed. Wished I could show you a screen shot. But I don't check in till August. I know a few years ago I was having trouble getting everything to process. Worse comes to worse you will just have to do all that at the terminal. Not the end of the world. Just more time consuming.

I did go back and looks like I had it as cash for the onboard account so that must default and I didn't change it. I did just change it. The step after that is the cruise contract which it states that you don't need to bring a copy with you. What info is on the cruise documents? Thanks for your help.

I did go back and looks like I had it as cash for the onboard account so that must default and I didn't change it. I did just change it. The step after that is the cruise contract which it states that you don't need to bring a copy with you. What info is on the cruise documents? Thanks for your help.

The contract is what I was referring to. I guess you don't have to bring a copy. But they recommend you print it off and sign it ahead of time. This saves time at check in.

I think you have to be paid in full to print your cruise documents and luggage tags.

Disney doesn't have you print luggage tags. (Yet)

You don't have to give a cc, you just have to fill out the payment section in some way.

Having a cash account is perfectly alright and you could still be considered all done.

The contract is what I was referring to. I guess you don't have to bring a copy. But they recommend you print it off and sign it ahead of time. This saves time at check in.

From what I believe I've read recently there's nothing to sign now. PrincessShmoo has posted something recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!